Electronic Logbook

Hi,

Does anyone have any information to offer on keeping a Logbook in digital format? I have a nice ATP Logbook which I bought recently... It is very nice but probably a bit too elaborate for Recreational Flying. I was advised that the Logs the Ra-Aus sells are basically just a fancy exercise book so ordered the ATP... I figure for something that I wish to keep for my lifetime and that will one day a very special inheritance for my kid needs to have a nice hard cover and give the impression that it will last forever.

It just seem that it could be more practical to keep a digital back up log on my computer as well so any info available on doing that would be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest BlackRod
I found this one that works for me.http://www.stratosoft.com/

That website has now closed:

"ALL PRODUCTS & SERVICES ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE.

WITH EFFECT FROM OCTOBER 10 2011 THIS WEBSITE IS CLOSED"

You might want to have a read, Scotty.

I just use an Excel Spreadsheet I designed for myself and the ASA hardcover Pilot Logbook. The latter is total overkill for somebody with no plans ever to go GA but still quite useable and will see out my "career".

RA-Aus has a new and much better Recreational Pilot Log Book being developed but it will be some months, I would expect, before it is commercially available.

That website has now closed:"ALL PRODUCTS & SERVICES ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE.

WITH EFFECT FROM OCTOBER 10 2011 THIS WEBSITE IS CLOSED"

You might want to have a read, Scotty.

Sorry folks but I didn't know it had shut down. I had downloaded it a while back and have been useing it since then.

Cheers Scotty

Guest BlackRod
Sorry folks but I didn't know it had shut down. . . .

No need for apologies Scotty. I was only letting you know because there are some important words on the website that you should see regarding ongoing support of the software.

Guest Michael Coates

The aviation business is a real struggle at the moment, many have already gone and many more will unfortunately.... Maybe OzRunways could integrate a log book feature into their program ?

Nah, we won't put one in. That problem is solved! http://coradine.com/

I use their software on my Mac and the (old) lite version to sync to my iPhone. But many are now using just the iPad version.

Word of caution: CASA does not recognise electronic log books and any ones printed out need to be bound, so no loose sheets in a binder. (you could print out sheets when full an glue into a book? Yuk!)

I don't fly enough to go through that nonsense, so I keep a standard written one as well for official record keeping.