G'Day - just hooked up

TAA Pooley

Well, getting back into it since the big AIDS infection (no...not the disease! - the other one.."Aviation Induced Divorce Syndrome"). Am 52, a member of both SAAA and RA-Aus, and the founding president of SAAA Chapter 11 - North West Sydney. I'm based at Bowen Mountain in the Hawkesbury District of Sydney, directly overlooking RAAF Richmond. Backing onto National Park and well out of the Sydney mess, I can think of no better place to live except perhaps on an airstrip. One of my major interests is establishing a GA/Ultalight strip with hangarage to replace the major losses of Hoxton Park and Schofields...and for my purposes the loss of Bankstown as a viable place to fly out of.

Have joined Neale Dunstan (LAME) who has just returned from working for Jetstar Asia in Changi (Singapore) and now of Melbourne, as a partner in Serenity Aviation Pty Ltd, who have the design/manufacturing rights to the Karatoo series of aircraft (KaraOne,KaraToo, KaraSport), Spacewalker (I, II, and SW-2R (rotech radial powered version), Magic Laser Trikes (first two into the country now and am just fitting the Chinese 27HP BlackHawk 2 stroke to one and a Rotax 447 to the other). We also have Chinese Powered Chutes & the design rights to and moulds of the Aussie Lancair 360. Our aim is to be the most competitive kit and factory built supplier with the largest range with the motto; "20 to 200kts - we have you covered"

We bought a Mangalore champion ultralight (KaraSport) ex WA earlier this year and now have it at The Oaks where I have just installed the wings and readied it for flight. Having not had an RA-Aus license to date, Dave of Dave's Flying School is assisting me sort the license. I have my own SW-2 (0-235 powered) which I am building wings for at the moment and also a Velocity Elite 4 seat canard waiting for me to get into.

Well, suffice to say - I now have my life back (there is life after divorce guys!!) and am doing what I've been prevented from doing despite all the promises made b4 marrying the -----, so let my experience be a warning...get concurrence on your life plan in writing in a properly drawn up pre-nup or risk losing all your dreams and much of your goods and chattels.

Look forward to seeing many of you at Temora Natfly or Cowra SAAA...I'll be the short bald guy with the revised smile on his face!

Regards,

Greg Poole

"Pooley"http://theaussieaviator.net/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Guest aviatrix27

Welcome Greg!

I see your mistake, you married a non-aviatrix. Hubby and I learned to fly together as a 2nd wedding anniversary present to each other - no way aviation could ever cause any sort of rift between us.

See you in the chat room some day.

Welcome aboard Greg. Great bunch of people here. Dave is a member of this site as well

I'm sorry - which Dave (who) are you referring to Glenn?

Welcome Greg! 

I see your mistake, you married a non-aviatrix. Hubby and I learned to fly together as a 2nd wedding anniversary present to each other - no way aviation could ever cause any sort of rift between us.

See you in the chat room some day.

So do we have a forum for "available" aviatrixes Kate?:rolleyes:

It would certainly be a popular feature on Aviator.Net! RU listening Glenn?

I'm sorry - which Dave (who) are you referring to Glenn?

So do we have a forum for "available" aviatrixes Kate?:rolleyes:

It would certainly be a popular feature on Aviator.Net! RU listening Glenn?

hopefully dave cartwright if that is who I am thinking of.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Greg, welcome, im new here myself.I also, suffered from aids, when i was working for British Aerospace in Saudi Arabia,on Tornadoes, late nineties.I asked one of my best mates, who i worked with in the RAAF, to "Look after her" while i was overseas.I think he took it literatly lol. Geez i miss him LOL. Anyway the Archer had to go,(she was a pilot as well,) but i kept the house.Things have been good since then.Things get better.

Guest Darren Masters

Hello Greg. A very warm welcome to TAA 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif I have probably met you somewhere. The Oaks was my old airfield. Was there every weekend religiously. I'm sure you are referring to our mate Dave Rolfe? How is the old chap? Is John Taru still there? I would love to visit again sometime soon. Please say hello to them from me. They will know who I am 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif Incidentaly, has John got the Bantam flying again? I was the last to fly that one.

• 3 weeks later...

Gday Greg

Sorrry about your divorce.Ilike your idea about about

the Magic Laser Trikes,I got a Magic Laser wing just recently for my

single seater.I was in the process of trying to register it with the HGFA ,I

gave up on them after not hearing from them for 4 months, (waste of time).I signed up with the RAA and presto,got a rego allocation number within a week of posting the forms.Hope all goes well with yours.Cheers.

Fred Cenko

Hey good idea, I think we should be able to find nice pilots on here!! Things get better Greg, just takes time. So now that Im almost a pilot, does this mean that I can only find a pilot partner?