Great to learn in

pete8862

The Lightwing is a great plane ... I only have about 3 hrs on them , but I did find it easy to take off , fly around in , but like most tail draggers a bit of a hand full to land . As for the fuel , I'm not sure what the capacity is .. There's one thing for sure though , you won't go very far very fast in one !! .. A lovely Aussie airplane though ..

Dave C

• 3 years later...

im doing my training in a 912s and at the end of the day will probably buy 1 as a first plane ? the 1 i fly has 30 l per wing however im sure i read where there is a larger long range tanks available may b other forums users can enlighten you.plus even though speed is good 75-85 is ok i suppose especially if u r still building your hours up plus its all fun

• 4 weeks later...
im doing my training in a 912s and at the end of the day will probably buy 1 as a first plane ? the 1 i fly has 30 l per wing however im sure i read where there is a larger long range tanks available may b other forums users can enlighten you.plus even though speed is good 75-85 is ok i suppose especially if u r still building your hours up plus its all fun

I have 101 litres of fuel but most of my flying is on the wing tanks 66 ltrs and have seat tank which hold enothe 35 litres give me a good 6 hrs flight time@ 15 lph but I only ever fly for about 2 hr leg as I need a loo break , but only fill the aux when on long flights .

my cruise is only 70 kn with the little 2 banger ..".

I love my lightwing because it not fast but I can land almost anywhere it a true ultralight " rag & tube " and she will teach u about true Avaition tail wheel flying is one of the most rewarding & challenging aspect of flying ,back to the roots flying can give ......

Doug

• Like 2

I have an original set up ( box back ,NO Wing tanks) I hold 53 Ltrs in the tank located behind seat , solo I fly @5400 rpm 70-75 kts 12-14 Ltrs ph. 2.5 hr endurance with reserve. Easiest tail dragger to fly hands down. IMO.simple 3 point stall landings and wheelers are a sinch. Stalls clean at 36kts

• Like 2

Guest Maj Millard

My 912 GR carries 90 Lts all up, and I plan at 20 Lts an hour. Actually burns 17-18 LPH. Good 3.5 hrs at around 80-85 Kts. With some left in the tank. I used to do 4 hour + legs in the past but now 3-3.5 is plenty.

I will be flying Townsville - Temora for Easter. Am Hoping to go Townsville to Goondiwindi in one day WX permitting, then Goondiwindi - Temora the following day.....that's not bad travelling in an old rag and tube.

I have done Townsville - Temora via Emerald- Charleville-Bourke- Temora in 2.5 days before.

Howie supplies the aux under seat tanks which are 21 Lts usable. I only have one fitted but you could probabily fit two. they fit right under each seat and transfer up into the wing tanks via elect transfer pump.

The Lightwing still has the roomiest, most comfortable cockpit in the business, even two up. Plus seats that you can actually sit on for four hours, with sheepskin assist......When you do those sort of legs in a Lightwing you know you've done some flying worth logging !.......Maj....014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif

image.jpg.31fe78e12fed6e7da653ab748bb0b17c.jpg

image.jpg.f7d3661a29b657ee6826c3de0f8a25a8.jpg

My 912 GR carries 90 Lts all up, and I plan at 20 Lts an hour. Actually burns 17-18 LPH. Good 3.5 hrs at around 80-85 Kts. With some left in the tank. I used to do 4 hour + legs in the past but now 3-3.5 is plenty.I will be flying Townsville - Temora for Easter. Am Hoping to go Townsville to Goondiwindi in one day WX permitting, then Goondiwindi - Temora the following day.....that's not bad travelling in an old rag and tube.

I have done Townsville - Temora via Emerald- Charleville-Bourke- Temora in 2.5 days before.

Howie supplies the aux under seat tanks which are 21 Lts usable. I only have one fitted but you could probabily fit two. they fit right under each seat and transfer up into the wing tanks via elect transfer pump.

The Lightwing still has the roomiest, most comfortable cockpit in the business, even two up. Plus seats that you can actually sit on for four hours, with sheepskin assist......When you do those sort of legs in a Lightwing you know you've done some flying worth logging !.......Maj....014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif

hey maj is that your lightwing i see for sale in sport pilot or just 1 looks like it plus have u seen the pictures of howies new lightwing. have hit 16 hours and am still loving the training with john at coominya flight training.he has a tail dragger there as well which i will talk to him about getting endorsed on as well when the time comes. i got some good photos at the clifton flyin and met some more people there as well which is all about the love of flying as well,ok bye for now

Guest Maj Millard

No Jeffyd not mine for sale , still enjoying it in fact just got out of it about an hour ago, after a nice flight....Maj.....

haha actually i had another look in the mag and it was a nosewheel as well.didnt think u b selling it unless u looking at the new 1.the lightwings certainly do seem to hav a cult like following starting