Decisions, decisions: Comments appreciated..

I could not believe that the Lightwing was $20K more than the Jabiru when the Jabiru gives you so much more and does not 'balloon' when flaring.:big_grin:

G'day Darren and Gang, <?:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /></v:stroke></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:ulas></v:path><?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shape><a href="http://ultralight.net.au/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif" target="_blank"></v:></v:shape>

I'll throw my two-bobs worth in here too...

Yes, the Lightwing is more costly but it is built like the proverbal 'brick err, outhouse' and will take quite adeal of ‘rough handling’, especially the taildragger model.

I've seen some landings with Lightwings that would have broken a Jab and yes I’ve also seen a landing where a Lightwing was reasonably damaged but was flying again with-in ten days. Dropped it from 20 feet with full flap onto a bituman runway, ouch! :black_eye:.

If it had been a Jab, I’d venture to say a new fusl*ge and wing would have been in order at a minimum where-as a repair to the undercarriage and some associated minor airframe/cowling, etc had the Lightwing back in the air in just over a week... keen.gif.9802fd8e381488e125cd8e26767cabb8.gif

The Jab is better priced brand new but they are both different aircraft. Youcould say the Lightwing is a utility type general purpose aircraft where-as the Jab is more a faster touring styled plane. The Jab's a glass compersite build ship with both the fuselage and winf being glass where the Lightwing is a very strong metal tubing built, fabric covered overal. Their both quite good aircraft and I'd saythe $20K extra is for way in-whichthe Lightwing constructedwith considerable welding required, etc to build the aircraft...

Ballooning, hmmm - more flap..

That'sthe best I can offer at this time of night err, morning. ;)

Cheers,

Rodger