Pipistrel Virus Sw Handling Demonstration

Guest Michael Coates

I know these are factory guys going testing, but does the POH actually approve of this for production aircraft? That would be a good reason to register one of these VH. :)

I agree BAS.Also the Sting Carbon does some wonderful aerobatics (looking at You tube) also from factory pilots.Since MC is the distributor for both mentioned aircraft.It will be good to hear the answer from him.

Guest Michael Coates

Most of the stuff on YouTube is not factory but owners for both the Sting and the Pipistrel aircraft.... there was one I saw with the sting doing loops starting at 25 feet AGL, it is on you Tube somewhere and the guy was not even wearing his seatbelt !

Just remember: Dont do Aerobatics in any aircraft unless you are fully trained and endorsed to do so, in an approved aircraft, following all legal requirements. And most of all, stay safe! If you aren't able to meet the criteria to legally perform such flight in an approved aircraft, either get the training or buy a Flight Sim, $100 and you cant die or kill anyone else in the process! (Unless of course you live in a high rise apartment unit and decide to throw the computer out a window in frustration from the installation process whilst disregarding the fact that there would be a fair few people on the street below.*)

------

* Throwing computers out windows of high rise buildings is not recommended or suggested. Please refrain from doing so. :)

Most of the stuff on YouTube is not factory but owners for both the Sting and the Pipistrel aircraft.... there was one I saw with the sting doing loops starting at 25 feet AGL, it is on you Tube somewhere and the guy was not even wearing his seatbelt !

We cant do that type of thing here unless we are one of a privileged few....

I am not sure he can do that there legally either, probably not!

It doesn't take much to learn to do aeros; contrary to popular belief, there is no "rating" - you just have to go practice with an instructor and when they feel you are OK with a particular manoeuvre (loop, barrel roll, etc.) then that gets signed off in your log book and you can go and do them.

Though only with a PPL in a VH aircraft, of course...

I watched that MC, put it on FB a while back.(Dont know how to do it here).Funny I asked the question about the dude not wearing his seat belt.No body responded.That guy has been in heaps of Youtube videos flying the Sting carbon.

• 3 years later...

Love the tail dragger, haven't seen one in OZ yet. Have flown the trainer heaps and really like it except I get a very sore ar$e after about 1 hour. Have also flown in the long wing version as a passenger same rear end problem !

I am not sure he can do that there legally either, probably not!It doesn't take much to learn to do aeros; contrary to popular belief, there is no "rating" - you just have to go practice with an instructor and when they feel you are OK with a particular manoeuvre (loop, barrel roll, etc.) then that gets signed off in your log book and you can go and do them.

Though only with a PPL in a VH aircraft, of course...

You might want to check on that. Things have changed under Part 61. Now needs an activity endoresment (aerobatic and spinning) and needs to be on your licence.