New Look - Sport Pilot Magazine

cficare

Guest David C

Yes the magazine is very readable now . I think a great improvement over the previous mag . A coincidence that the magazine cover features a Sapphire considering the recent events ..

Dave C

is it me or is there a trend where the LSA that appears on the front cover of sport pilot magazine is the one that gets in the news for the wrong reasons shortly there after? Didn't a Super Petrel or some other Amphib end up in Lake Eucumbene after appearing on the front cover? Spooky...

Yes Super Petrel but Lake Jindabye...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-06-24/seaplane-in-fatal-lake-jindabyne-crash/2770342

Guest avi8tr

Whilst on the topic of the magazine, I'm sure I read that someone wrote in there possibly a letter to the editor that they had been a member of raa/auf for 50 years.

I don't believe that is possible. I didn't think that raa has been around for that long. A mate is RAA number 14 and I don't think he would be old enough, he's not even 50.

Whilst on the topic of the magazine, I'm sure I read that someone wrote in there possibly a letter to the editor that they had been a member of raa/auf for 50 years.I don't believe that is possible. I didn't think that raa has been around for that long. A mate is RAA number 14 and I don't think he would be old enough, he's not even 50.

True My number is AUF/RAA membership number is 1715.That was 1987 maybe 1986 I dont remember excactly.The 50 year thing is not correct.

Started in 83, and achieved the departments ok to be the representing body in 86. Choice between AUF and SAAA. Took a while to sort it out. Any one at Mangalore 83?