Site Home Page - Yes or No

Admin

Should we have a site home page  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have a site home page

• Yes, I think it adds value
    • No, it really is superfluous
    • I don't really care

Generally sites have a home page to display a "taste" of what the site offers to new visitors when first landing on the site. In our case they can see that the site has aircraft, it has a range of latest aviation news, it has a photo gallery of aircraft images as well as aviation videos, it has a forum and that the site is very popular with the number of users currently logged in.

The draw backs of this is that it impacts the Google search standing a bit, it is high maintenance and once users begin to use the site they usually bypass the home page anyway.

So my question to you guys is do you feel the site home page adds any benefit to you? Do you think we should have it or just have the Forum's main page as the landing page? Do you think that if we remove it that new users would see the huge range of extra areas of the site just from the menu bar? etc etc etc

Thanks for your help in making the site a better place for all

I don't think it is necessary for regular users and new users will find everything from the menu bar. Those who need it are probably the cyber equivalent of tyre kickers anyway.

• Agree 2