Flying essentials.

I wear gloves, in winter cause I have to and on hot days to keep sweaty hands dry sometimes, in open cockpits I have some leather TIG welding gloves that are long enough to cover the cuffs of my jacket. In my own plane I have some cheap cotton gloves( got them from bunnings for about $5) with the fingers cut off so I can use switches, buttons and iPads easily,

I bought a thick sheepskin flying jacket for open cockpit flying but I find in Vic I'm wearing it in my own jigger for a lot of the year, it can be really make the difference between enjoyable and feeling slightly uncomfortably cold ,

Matty

I wouldn't use noise attenuating headphones initially where you are using different aircraft. your "wits about you " is essential for flying. Nev

Yeh, I'm not keen on them, some noises are good to hear , I like to hear the engine and the wind noise,keeps me in touch with what I'm doing

• Like 1

well, I can see mine getting asked to leave via the nearest exit if it tries that kinda behavior, I have had an Iphone "pop" after it sat for 6 months and was then charged up ,I've been told the batteries are hydroscopic and will absorb moisture over time, when they're charged up they can have issues!

Matty

(I think that is the right term ,but I'm sure someone will correct me if it's not :-)