Fake pilot job

timothyb

I was looking over the Airservices site yesterday and saw this:

http://careers.airservicesaustralia.com/jobDetails.asp?sJobIDs=494307&lWorkTypeID=&lLocationID=&lCategoryID=&stp=AW&sLanguage=en

Looks like they employ people to be "simulation pilots"

I've always wanted to say things like "pushback" and "American Heavy" 024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif but have no interest in living in Melbourne..

looks like they are going to be picky

no mention of salary ............... if I was an employer trying to snare someone - renumeration should be always mentioned (apart from flying instructors ......... its one of the fundamental reasons why we work)

(could be the reverse of 'sir if you must ask the price you can't possibly afford it)

no mention of salary ...............

Simulator Support Officer

Job No.:

Department:

Air Traffic Services School

Salary:

AUD 64,839 - 77,116

Work type:

Full time casual

$65k-$77k ish according to the advert. Not so keen on the 'Full time casual' statement - sounds like you'd be first to go when it's cutback time!

• Informative 1

It's a really good job, great pay and very easy work, for what you have to do, you'll be manipulating pretend aircraft with basic keyboard commands to follow ATC instructions in a training environment, flying knowledge is helpful but not necessary, computer skill very necessary.