Hello from California

lsaviator

Hi all. Ex-military pilot and glider CFI now flying my Remos G-3 out of San Martin , CA (E16). Looking forward to participating on the forums.

G'day, the t38 is a sexy bit of kit , not really into jets but that one is a looker, I'd never heard of a T41 though,mmmm looks a lot like a rather sedate little jigger we do training in,,,

Matty

Stayed in Lake Elsinore, CA way back in 1990 for a week with a Ham Radio buddy (K6UMB) before heading off to Oshkosh for the air-show. While at Oshkosh I was amazed at the variety of planes we simply never get to see in Australia and number of folks that owned two or three (or more) planes! On the way back to the west coast I hired a plane in Rapid City and went for a blast around the Black Hills and down to Sturgis. That was great fun. Nowadays I fly my Jabiru around (not often enough), keeps me out of the pub and generally out of trouble. Welcome to the forum.

Gday to California,

I keep a Kolb in a trailer at Brian Ranch airfield, between Palmdale and Hesperia, and go over and fly it when I can. My last trips in the USA are at http://www.tailwindsplease.com/usa-flyingroad-trip/ Lots of really terrific scenery over there. Australia is great, but so flat compared to that rugged high desert over there.

If you get out this way get in touch and we'll go for a fly.

JG

Guest Maj Millard

Hi isaviator, I got my GA license at San Carlos whilst working for Transair. I did nav's down that way to Salinas, Hollister and Reid Hillview. Never dropped into San Martin but I do know where it is right by the highway.

Maybe the restaurant our friend is thinking of was the Flying Lady Cafe ?.......is it still there...it was a bit of a Museum.

I did my initial UL training and about four hundred hours up at Liberty Field just North of Petaluma. have you been up that way at all..?......Cheers..look foward to chatting to you..........Maj......014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif

Hi isaviator, I got my GA license at San Carlos whilst working for Transair. I did nav's down that way to Salinas, Hollister and Reid Hillview. Never dropped into San Martin but I do know where it is right by the highway.Maybe the restaurant our friend is thinking of was the Flying Lady Cafe ?.......is it still there...it was a bit of a Museum.

I did my initial UL training and about four hundred hours up at Liberty Field just North of Petaluma. have you been up that way at all..?......Cheers..look foward to chatting to you..........Maj......014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif

Sadly, the Flying Lady is gone. No, we haven't flown up to Petaluma yet. We like to go up and down the Central Coast

Guest Maj Millard

That's a shame ..the Flying lady was quite unique. From where you are based you have the option of visiting many areas, all which offer great flying in classic Californian country.........Cheers. Maj.....014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif