T I F. YEAH.........NAUSIA ? HELP

Guest disperse

Guest disperse

what a blast . things came together today thanks to mrs sperse having a day off work on a very nice day and driving me down to the OAKS 018_hug.gif.8f44196246785568c4ba31412287795a.gif where we met Dave, who was more than happy to take me for a TIF ;)

After a good look around jabiru 3190. we headed off down towards the south.

all was going really well and i was enjoying myself imensely althou i was all over the place . then we started playing around with a few control imputs and everything started to go pear shaped :yuk: when i told Dave how i was feeling , he thought it best to make a B-line back to the OAKS 068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif and mother earth before i created a stench in little 3190 that would take 2 weeks of airing to clear:radioactive:

YES WE MADE IT BACK 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif NO I DIDN'T YAWN :star: so it's quite safe to go flying in 3190

all in all LOVED IT, but definitly have to get the sea sickness sorted out

Troy

nausea

Hey Troy,

you need to shoot down to your chemist and ask for a set of pressure point wrist bands, I have a set for when I go offshore fishing 'cause I get a bit woozy:yuk: otherwise. As long as you position them properly they help [me anyway] a lot.

Can't have a technicolour yawn spoiling a lovely flight. ;)

If I fly with someone else as PIC, I have to tell them, make it as smooth as Bob Hoover, or else the panel WILL be redecorated. :yuk:

A mate who imitates UFO's with 90 degree turns in the sky (up, down and side to side) in 'normal flight' nearly learnt this the hard way.

Ben

Guest disperse

thanks guy's .......any help is greatly appriciated.

althou i met Drifterdriver today who kindly offered me a ride in his drifter;) even after i mentioned my problem, he said "JUST LEAN OUT "006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Here are a few things that might help. Firstly, you were probably very excited about the flight which may have made you a bit anxious. That will subside!

Next, make sure you have a good breakfast. If your blood sugar is low you are more likely to feel sick.

Doing the flying yourself might help too because you are in control and concentrating.

Don't think about being sick. An old instructor of mine told me he could make anyone sick (straight and level) by constantly asking them if they felt OK, not queasy, not getting that sick feeling in the stomach or tasting bile. He could TALK them into being sick! The mind is very powerful so think about the flying, not about feeling sick.

Keep the flights short and do go back as soon as you feel unwell.

Guest David C

Troy ,

You picked a good day today for a fly . Unfortunately I was working , otherwise we would no doubt have met at at The Oaks as thats where I spend a fair bit of my free time these days . I liked that comment from Drifterdriver , thats pretty typical of Sunny , a great bloke . And don't worry about feeling a little unwell in the Jabiru , that's what the door pockets are for anyway !! ..006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Hope to catch up soon ..

Dave C

Your brain will be re-programmed

Disperse,

therefore after a flight do not climb a ladder to clean you roof and gutters.

Believe me.

Guest pelorus32

Well done Disperse.

As for the motion sickness. I've sailed for years and seen every sort of motion sickness, including one woman who we seriously thought would die crossing Bass Strait!

Two things to bear in mind: Firstly I am convinced that your body accommodates to motion - so the first time you try a new activity you might get a bit of motion sickness but after a few times it goes away. The problem is that if you take a break it can come back.

The second thing is that I'm also convinced that fear/anxiety/excitement etc are major contributors. Yes motion sickness has a clearly known mechanism - difference between your inner ear and your eyes - but I have seen so many situations where it is badly exacerbated by anxiety that I think this is an important contributor.

The message is that this was a new activity for you, probably exciting and as others have said - you probably weren't having to fly the aircraft. It will more than likely vanish never to return.

When's your next flight?

Regards

Mike

You may want to try taking ginger tablets (available at any chemist) as well as the wrist bands until your body gets used to the experience. I've found they help a lot. Apparantly there is also a non-drowsy (i.e they added caffine to it) motion sickness tablet available, but I dont know what its called - talk to your local chemist about it.

Make sure you take sick bags up with you too - because cleaning off an instrument panel sucks. I think i've personally worked my way through my instructors entire stock of bags. You probably also want to stick to one lesson a day for a while until your body gets used to it.

Congratulations on your first flight ;) Hope you enjoy the rest!

Guest disperse

thanks people yes was great and in bit . Have bought wrist bands and will get some ginger tablets . And if these dont work ill order the electronic wrist band $180 but dont care cause im going flying and the insurence company can go get stuffed too as far as im concerned. because sitting in a chair all day getting depressed aint good for your health troy

Being in command will lessen the fear of sickness. I am often seasick when sailing as crew but have never been sick when skippering, even in really rough conditions.