Jabiru Airframe - CAMit engines

puddles_7

Hi Guys,

There has been some discussion on these forums about CAMit mods for Jabiru engines and CAMit are advertising Aero engines on their website. What I would like to know is under what circumstances can the CAMit engines or their modified parts be used in a current Jabiru airframe. Does this require a registration modification or does it require a signoff by an approved person?

Puddles_7

Puddles, I asked the same question to the powers that be! For a C model factory built you can fit the exact same cammit engine parts and remain 24 rego'd. The D models are different due to the factory being the engineering authority. For a 19 rego'd aircraft you can fit whatever you like.

So......I can fit camit components into my 24 reg, but cannot fit a whole camit engine into my 24 reg ....?? ( 24 C model )

Russ, I understand that 'C' models can be modified with an EO from a Part 21M engineer that is accepted by CASA. If you can wait for a little while, I think you'll find that a whole lot easier for a complete engine than right now as CAMit proceeds with testing etc. and their engine becomes a 'spec.' unit - CAMit are still developing their final specification as a result of the results of test flying being undertaken at the moment (or certainly was when I was last there in October last year). I believe that there are around 8 CAMit-modded engines out there gathering hours, and CAMit's test and development programme is still somewhat of a work-in-progress with new stuff being tried and proven all the time.