is there a finer flying machine than this?

huggy98

Hmm, now you're getting me concerned huggy ... do you know about Vne yet?I know the guys who fitted your engine and they're undeniably talented and knowledgeable but don't let that get you over - zealous, it's still an ultralight built to the 450kg Euro regulations and heavier than the early versions so needs flying appropriately. Exceeding Vne, and hence structural limits, would be very easy with surplus horsepower and a relatively slippery machine. So be sure to treat your MTOW with great respect and be careful with speed on descents. And put the dog on a diet ;-)

Oh No! I remember you well, or perhaps it was someone just like you - Wolverstone Marina - the press dubbed you Captain Calamity? Last I saw of you you were goosewinged (aka locked in irons) taking a 5kt tide toward Harwich and the English Channel?

no m8. huggy98 on youtube. watch and enjoy.lol

no m8. huggy98 on youtube. watch and enjoy.lol

yes. I know about vne n stuff. but the great thing is I can get some good slow handling when I first get my ticket and not get bored with it in the future if a want to a little bit more. ive been told my shadow wont reach vne in level flight. but she will climb lika a monkey.

Streak looks like its a bit slower and smaller than a tornado, what's the rear seat like?

just as tight as the front, with a fat arse like mine. I could do a loop without fastening the seat belt and not fall out. but your more upright. the front seats like a blackpool beach deckchair. u could go to sleep in it. preferably when ur on the ground. I have actually heard of someone falling asleep in 1. I think.

mine has prolly got 30 to 40 more horses than that one,

huggy! I`ve just done a quick search. http://flymicro.alphaoutdoors.co.nz/the-shadow-microlight-series/

1980s Shadow B Rotax 447

1990 Shadow C Rotax 503,

Streak Shadow Rotax 532 or 582

1996 Shadow D Rotax 582,

Star Streak, being the fastest Rotax 618 of Rotax 912 four stroke.

I`m interested to know the model of your Shadow and what engine you have in it.

Frank.

• Like 1

huggy! I`ve just done a quick search. http://flymicro.alphaoutdoors.co.nz/the-shadow-microlight-series/1980s Shadow B Rotax 447

1990 Shadow C Rotax 503,

Streak Shadow Rotax 532 or 582

1996 Shadow D Rotax 582,

Star Streak, being the fastest Rotax 618 of Rotax 912 four stroke.

I`m interested to know the model of your Shadow and what engine you have in it.

Frank.

hi m8. its a streak shadow with a jabiru 22oo, rebored.

The problem with the shadow and with most pushers is the size of the prop is limited by clearance of the tail boom, the problem for the shadow is the prop is quite low to the ground as its below the boom and can pick up rocks.

Just love your enthusiasm huggy, its infectious, and if I was in your position i'd no doubt feel the same as you.

Good luck with your training mate, stay safe, and post more on your progress you Pommy B, just like me. We'd love to hear about it.

Looks like a real nice aircraft, and from what you've already posted, the all important temps are in control.

From memeory, someone flew one fom the UK to Oz some years back, but not sure about the return ticket:plane:

Kind Regards

Planey

The problem with the shadow and with most pushers is the size of the prop is limited by clearance of the tail boom, the problem for the shadow is the prop is quite low to the ground as its below the boom and can pick up rocks.

hi m8. just checked out the tornado. nice, like a pointy shadow that u can get into the back seat, without popping out both shoulders, dislocating ur back and doing a six month course in yoga.

hi m8. just checked out the tornado. nice, like a pointy shadow that u can get into the back seat, without popping out both shoulders, dislocating ur back and doing a six month course in yoga.

and its been fitted with a jabiru 3300. you could cook a full English on its 6 heads, while heading in to the sky like a the space shuttle. I like it. more than a few similarities with the shadow. lovin them wing tips.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Huggy, Maybe we should'nt have sold you that bird, I'm just wondering what is going to happen when you get your ticket. We won't see you for clouds. Will have to call you Biggles mate. Just havin fun. Will call you on the weekend about the panel and delivery. Cheers. Dave.

Im based at the shadow flight centre @ old sarum airfield in salisbury uk. I love the shadows but a jab?? seriously?? hows it cope with cooling? Just been up in York rescuing one that got blown over in its trailer thankfully the tailboom will be ok as these are rare as hens teeth. enjoy the plane and the lack of second flight passengers. i hate the back seat.