Busselton Aerofest

Philster2001

Originally booked to fly the Champ down for the weekend but later when browsing the Club's web page in order to arrange a hangar to doss in, I see where ASIC card is required. Game over! Schools out! Buses gone! Full stop. To the point of cutting off my nose to spite my face, I refuse to bow to the bureacrats bullsh!t. Not a condemnation of the local Club but fancy having to display a useless PITA token to participate in a country airshow. I expectorate! Riley

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Hey Riley, I rang the aeroclub when I was still looking at flying down and they said we don't need an ASIC to just visit for the day. They can organise a "visitors pass", so don't let that stop ya, go for it!

By the way, where do you hire the Champ from? Would love to have a go in a tail dragger sometime...I'm still a baby riding a tricycle! :-)

For a goodly sum I arranged solitary long term hire from the previous owner (in truth, I bought it a couple of years back 004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif), Come up to Bindoon some weekend and I'll show you how not to fly a taildragger. Cheers Riley.

• Agree 1

Sounds like a plan! I live in the Swan Valley, so right in my neck of the woods. I'm also thinking of coming up sometime and getting checked out to fly a Jabiru. Been flying the Foxbat out of White Gum recently, so looking to try new machines...

My brother-in-law has a Xenon Gyro and went with the Bindoon club last year on the trek up north (ningaloo). Enjoyed going up with him recently too...

Sounds like a plan! I live in the Swan Valley, so right in my neck of the woods. I'm also thinking of coming up sometime and getting checked out to fly a Jabiru. Been flying the Foxbat out of White Gum recently, so looking to try new machines...My brother-in-law has a Xenon Gyro and went with the Bindoon club last year on the trek up north (ningaloo). Enjoyed going up with him recently too...

Ten minutes into a Jab transition and you will probably be thinking that the Foxbat has spoiled you rotten. Both are good airframes, with their own strengths, but the Foxbat I found to be a pilots indulgence.

I did a GA to RAA endorsement a few years ago, and doing the Jab first was not too daunting following 35 years of Airtourer ownership. It was what my daughter had trained on and I thought it was good for that purpose. The Foxbat was just outright fun. Most amount of enjoyment out of any aircraft that I have flown, right way up.

Good to see you back in the air. Enjoy every minute.