First Post.

Tuflux

Hi All. Just an opening post. I was a member of RAAus up until 2005 when time and finances ended my flying. I had flown a Skyfox, Lightwing, Thruster, Le Pelican and Chinook Plus 2. The Pelican and Chinook were my own planes that I had found in a neglected state and bought back to airworthiness. Both are still flying locally.

After leaving recreational flying, I took up gold prospecting as a hobby (hence the avatar) and got my flying fix by building and flying RC aircraft with onboard cameras. In January 2014, I recently found a very sad little X-Air F that had been left in an open shed for 8 years and with the blessing of my better half, I went on a week long mission to recover it and bring it home to Townsville. It may not be the best financial decision I have made but it looks like I will be back in the air again soon, and the strip-down and rebuild process is a lot of fun as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome and well done on the retrieval! As long as we have geezers like yourself ferreting out and rebuilding rag & tube fun machines, AUF will never go under! (tho we may well end up hiding behind trees and having to fly in the dark of night). Keep us posted on your progress with the revival of the X Air. cheers Riley