Special Resolution 5 Service of Notices by eMail

DonRamsay

Special Resolution 5

Rule 37 Service of Notices was amended in 2013 to allow Notices to be sent to Members by email. Previously they could only be sent by pre-paid post. Rule 24 Notice does not allow for email, requiring notices to be sent by “pre-paid post”. Rule 24 needs to be amended to bring it into line with Rule 37 and to avoid any possible confusion.

That in

Rule 24 Notice (i)

the words “to be sent by pre-paid post to each Member at the Member’s address appearing in the Register of Members” be deleted.

And,

That in

Rule 24 Notice (ii)

the words “in the manner provided in sub-rule (i),” be deleted.

Special Resolution 5Rule 37 Service of Notices was amended in 2013 to allow Notices to be sent to Members by email. Previously they could only be sent by pre-paid post. Rule 24 Notice does not allow for email, requiring notices to be sent by “pre-paid post”. Rule 24 needs to be amended to bring it into line with Rule 37 and to avoid any possible confusion.

That in

Rule 24 Notice (i)

the words “to be sent by pre-paid post to each Member at the Member’s address appearing in the Register of Members” be deleted.

And,

That in

Rule 24 Notice (ii)

Hi Don,

the Victorian act allows a lot more room in this area. Maybe RAA should e-incorp in ACT and incorp in Victoria. I can guide you thru this process if necessary. It's not hard. In my opinion incorporated bodies should blow off pre-historic jurisdictions like ACT.

Special Resolution 5Rule 37 Service of Notices was amended in 2013 to allow Notices to be sent to Members by email. Previously they could only be sent by pre-paid post. Rule 24 Notice does not allow for email, requiring notices to be sent by “pre-paid post”. Rule 24 needs to be amended to bring it into line with Rule 37 and to avoid any possible confusion.

That in

Rule 24 Notice (i)

And,

That in

Rule 24 Notice (ii)

another reason to go to Vic.

• Like 1