Has any body worked out a way to hook a mobile phone into a set of trike comms as I think there are times when it would be useful? e.g some of our automatic weather stations do not have an allocated vhf channel but they do have a land line!

Probably the easiest way to do it would be to plug in a set of bluetooth capable headsets like the lightspeed ones and link the phone in that way.

Note, I didn't say "cheapest" way. The alternative might be a combination of using the earphone outlet on the phone into an auxiliary input to the radio (if such exists on your radio) but you'd have to wire it in if you can find out the connections to the radio.

No probs

http://www.lightspeedaviation.com/

Available from a number of sources here in Oz or can be ordered from Aircraft Spruce online etc...

I have 2 X Sierra. They're comfortable and VERY quiet even in a noisy cockpit. They might require some slight mods to use with a trike helmet though, like trimming the headband padding.

They look like they would solve my issue but as you say they are not the cheapest way and a little past my budget at the moment:lost:but thanks for the link and idea,its something ill keep in mind.

Gary.

I didn't realize these headsets were available,that's given me a few ideas thanks fellas.I am now looking at adapters as my headsets and comms are the Rj 11 type plug.