Clarence River Crash NSW 12/04/14

I'm too old to be thinking of AG flying but a LL would be a handy skill.Kaz

Hi Kaz

Forgot to mention - there is also a good book - "Flight at Lower Levels" by John Freeman - I've got a copy and am happy to post it to you for a 4? week loan - give me a call or PM me if interested.

PG

• 4 months later...

According to local paper this fella has been charged with a range of offences including manslaughter,it says he seen power lines before contact but waay to late for any action to be taken (obviously).I guess the bloke would feel like crap & have to live with this for the rest of his life but it was avoidable.

Remember, even if you have a low level rating you can't just stooge about he country at zero feet where ever you please. You have to have a reason such as mustering, ag spraying or display and have all the permissions in place. However if you have done the course it may educate you enough not to do it in the first place and you know what to look for should you be unfortunate enough to be caught out by the weather.

• Agree 1

However if you have done the course it may educate you enough not to do it in the first place and you know what to look for should you be unfortunate enough to be caught out by the weather.

Not just may - it should instil an awareness of low level avoidance measures, but also upskill you 'sufficiently' to save your bacon should you ignore all the early warnings. That's what I am pursuing with RAAus. happy days,

• Like 2