GoPro Intercom Audio Issues

Greetings,

I won a GoPro (Hero 3+ Silver) around two weeks ago and I've taken it up flying with a cable which allows the camera to record audio from the intercom and pick up all radio chatter.

On my recordings, the audio has came across as extremely faint and inaudibly quiet at some parts of the flight. The other aircraft in the area came across even worse. My attempts to amplify and clean up were not met with success.

Here were my raw results: (And appreciate it if you don't share this one)

I'm just generally asking if anyone has any solutions or suggestions because I know there a few of you on here who frequently use GoPro's. Many thanks in advance.

Ive tried similar adapters and it will capture only what's going through the intercom, as I'm sure you know already. Personally I prefer using a lapel mic inside my headset, so it records what you hear, including some engine noise and the radio chatter. I used a cheap eBay lapel mic and works great.

I should have specified I'm looking for intercom audio only. The problem is that it is extremely quiet. I don't want to have to go through the fuss of returning the cable though. I'll definitely try the lapel mic next time. Thanks for the tip!

Can't remember where I got the double adapter but it plugs into my headset socket. Then a curly extension to the go pro audio cable which I got off ebay and this works perfectly.

I can't remember where I got the double adapter from but I would say some aviation shop.

I also had to get a new case for the go pro so the cable would fit in the side. I could have drilled a hole but wanted to save that case for water sports.

• 2 weeks later...