SP500 -6

Geoff13

Can anyone please point me in the direction of the Specs for this aircraft. I am particularly after MTOW and empty weight. Also fuel quantity and cruise speed.

Cheers Geoff13

Hi Geoff13

I have one of these aircraft and it depends who built it and what additional items have been fitted as to the weight of it. I bought mine already built and it came in at 284kgs empty and the MTOW is 500kgs.

In saying that i have also seen some of the SP6's as heavy as 320kgs empty with the same MTOW. My aircraft has an 85 ltr fuel tank behind the seat. I have seen other SP's with wing tanks giving 135 ltrs but the heavier wings increased the empty weight of the aircraft. The cruise speed is a comfortable 120 kts and will generally burn around 20ltrs/hr. You have the same engine as the 230 only lessweight and drag so you should get a better cruise and fuel usage than the 230. The only downside is the carrying capacity is much less than the 230.

Safe Flying

JabSP6

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 1 year later...

Mak720

I dont believe they can be registered to a higher MTOW. The original SP's with the 4 cylinder were 450KG MTOW and some of the 6 cylinders aircraft were increased to 500KG MTOW.

I believe you are able to increase the 450kg aircraft to 500kg but i dont think you could go higher. It would be worth looking into this some more.

I would certainly welcome the additional 44kgs.

Safe Flying

JabSP6

• 5 months later...

Hi Toady

Unfortunately 500kgs is it for the SP range of Jabiru.

95% of my flying is on my own going to work and back each week so the weight is not a problem with full fuel.

On the very odd occasion that I do take a passenger anywhere I have to reduce fuel level to stay within the MTOW.

The only option to increase your MTOW is to upgrade to a bigger Jabiru.

Safe Flying

JabSP6