airbus a380 seat question

Guest Andys@coffs

especially if you can hold your breath for the 3-5minutes to get back down to 14k feet where you can breath again, and are rugged up to prevent those chilly minus heaps degrees Celsius temps from frostbiteing all appendages..... and you have a plan to deal with the only feet in all those feet that really matter the last one!

I worry about the mental capacity of the cabin crew sometimes. Do they really think that anyone believes that anything they let you carry on board is going to interfere with the aircraft's systems?

You and me both......and I have to communicate with them every day at work!

We have iPads which contain our flight plans, briefing packages, takeoff and landing performance data calculations, enroute and approach charts, and FCOM suites. They are switched on continually from boarding the plane to after landing. We're supposed to put them in "flight" mode for takeoff and landing (though many of us forget half the time), and we have them plugged into the cockpit electrical system for charging during flight.

They are stock-standard Apple iPad 3's with wifi + cellular (company plan, 12GB/month download unrestricted, so long as it's legal).

So coming from an airline pilot, I fully sympathise with passenger frustrations at being told to turn their devices off. But it's currently the law and if we let people break it, we get in the sh*t. It's ridiculous but unfortunately Australia will probably, as usual, be the last country on Earth to update the regs to reflect reality.

Syrianboy95 have you tried a website called seat guru ? It has all types of aircraft listed the best and the not so good seats to get and they have this information from a vast array of people who have travelled and shared their experiences

That's good advice Kununurra. The link is: http://www.seatguru.com/