Airworthiness Notices and Directives - how do you stay informed?

Mike, I don't know what contact you've had with Darren Barnfield yet but if it is none as it seems from your post then you can't judge him by his predecessors. The situation Adam Finn faced and that faced by Darren Barnfield are very different particularly with regard to the CEO and the Board Executive.Things really have changed a lot even if it is not readily obvious to all just yet. Darren and his predecessor made huge inroads into the mess generated well before their time and Darren is getting much better support from the current Board Executive than was available to Adam or Wayne and CASA are listening to him and agreeing with him - the benefit of which we will see in the new Tech Manual.

Rules are made to cover all and can't take into account every individual's particular personal circumstances. If you want to work within RAA rules, then please do talk to Darren when he's back in Australia. Even Tech Managers get a week or two leave each year.

Don

No offence don , but I have spoken to

him , hence my concern ,

And any thing daren has to say , I'm prepared to here it from him .

As far as ,she'll be be right this time , time will tell .

And no ones answered my first concern about developing aviation in remote areas . What , I'm supposed to pay someone's travel every time I need to adjust a rod end ???!!!

I think it's time people started thinking about ramifications of knee jerk policy .

Gees , it's not Egypt !

As far as what you say about rules , they have to take into account ALL ramifications & either compensate , or make exemptions .

Don't forget , rules are not laws .

Read my post again .i think you've haven't got my drift , or the consequences of this proposal in relation to mine & similar situations

Mike .

• Agree 1

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike,

In our case, rules can have a very legal and not necessarily happy effect in a court of law. Coroners, Insurers, CASA and RA-Aus would probably disagree with your assertion here.

I love what you are doing and had a close look at your work at Natfly a couple of years back. I do understand your frustration and how adversely you are affected. But writing on here is not necessarily going to get any accommodation for you from RA-Aus. I also can't imagine that bagging out the Tech Manager on a public forum is a step in the right direction for achieving a better outcome for yourself and others in your situation.

If you want a better outcome, you can only try again with Darren or approach any Board Member and ask them to have a look at your situation. Those are your rights as a member.

In aviation, we do live in a kind of Egypt. We have dictators who can rule by decree - within the scope allowed them by the people you send to Canberra (Parliament not Fyshwick).

Mriya - just one correction. Despite what the words currently say in the AN, I have personally confirmed with Darren that only ONE independent inspection is required. The person that does the work and one other person who checks the work. As Mike says they do have to have, as a minimum, L1 status.

Mike,In our case, rules can have a very legal and not necessarily happy effect in a court of law. Coroners, Insurers, CASA and RA-Aus would probably disagree with your assertion here.

I love what you are doing and had a close look at your work at Natfly a couple of years back. I do understand your frustration and how adversely you are affected. But writing on here is not necessarily going to get any accommodation for you from RA-Aus. I also can't imagine that bagging out the Tech Manager on a public forum is a step in the right direction for achieving a better outcome for yourself and others in your situation.

If you want a better outcome, you can only try again with Darren or approach any Board Member and ask them to have a look at your situation. Those are your rights as a member.

In aviation, we do live in a kind of Egypt. We have dictators who can rule by decree - within the scope allowed them by the people you send to Canberra (Parliament not Fyshwick).

Mriya - just one correction. Despite what the words currently say in the AN, I have personally confirmed with Darren that only ONE independent inspection is required. The person that does the work and one other person who checks the work. As Mike says they do have to have, as a minimum, L1 status.

Where did I bag the tec man ??

I'm not trying to get raa to do any thing for me. I'm responding to posts that claim to know the skinny .!

Mike,

My apology. Unforgivably, I had Nong's statement in mind.

("This document, I think, is another shot in the Tech Manager's war against us.").

And, no, you haven't bagged the Tech Manager and you have put forward reasonable criticisms of the AN's undesirable affects on your operation.

And while I have unwittingly offered you the above offence, I have taken none from any of our discussion.

Any ""skinny" that I come across is obtained simply by asking. I don't have a special pipeline into RA-Aus.

p.s. perhaps it's later than I think :-(

• Agree 1

Im with Mike, what appear as simple progressive changes can have big effects on some segments of RAA.how can we comment on changes that havent been released for comment and it seems wont be.

Im currently being stonewalled by Canberra on registration so not much hope of conversations with tech man

Is him being on holidays stop renewals being processed?

. . . Im currently being stonewalled by Canberra on registration so not much hope of conversations with tech man. Is him being on holidays stop renewals being processed?

Definitely not being held up. It is largely a clerical exercise, anyhow.

My aircraft is out of rego at the moment (since 25 June) but as I was overseas at the time the renewal didn't go in to RA-Aus until just after the due date. Doesn't make it feel any better that I contributed to the delay as we still can't fly. To be fair we've had some very unfriendly flying weather in recent times but there has been the odd good days like today and yesterday.

Nobody is happy about the current cumbersome process that takes so many clerks so long to get through before issuing the renewal. RA-Aus is having a very hard look at it with the aim of order of magnitude improvement in short time. I'm keen to see what can be achieved.