RAA Members Market

Geoff13

I understand about spams HIC however my emails always give my full name, my business name, my phone and fax number, my email address my company web address and the company logo. Like I said earlier if people don't want to be contacted by email, then why give there email address. And if they want to follow up because they are worried about scammers then the should be aware that scammers work both ways and also use telephone so the must expect caution on my end when the ring me and won't identify themselves.

Yes I know about spammers but I am not asking for their bank details on the first email simply for more information about the aircraft/item I am looking at.

Cheers Geoff13

Guest Andys@coffs

Its also the case that Judges that have spent the majority of their life dealing with criminal law are probably very cautious, for very good reasons, as to who they give out details to of names and addresses etc.....In this case it stood in the way of a successful sale but on his list of importance not getting a bullet in the head was probably higher than selling his chariot. Something that the majority of us probably cant even imagine let alone know how we would deal with it.

IMHO our Judges and police deserve our support, I don't believe their pay rates are at all commensurate with the risks they take on. At least Judges by virtue of exposure during practicing law as a solicitor/barrister understand what risks they take on, an 18 year old joining the police force might peripherally understand but of course the sense of invulnerability at that age means that even if they do peripherally understand it, its something that happens to other policemen not them

Andy

I understand about spams HIC however my emails always give my full name, my business name, my phone and fax number, my email address my company web address and the company logo. Like I said earlier if people don't want to be contacted by email, then why give there email address. And if they want to follow up because they are worried about scammers then the should be aware that scammers work both ways and also use telephone so the must expect caution on my end when the ring me and won't identify themselves.Yes I know about spammers but I am not asking for their bank details on the first email simply for more information about the aircraft/item I am looking at.

Cheers Geoff13

Just wondering Geoff, is your email address something like [email protected]? Nigerian Hotmail addresses arouse people's suspicions. 010_chuffed.gif.c2575b31dcd1e7cce10574d86ccb2d9d.gif

No eightyknots it is "my name" @ my own business website. The company website and name is always on my emails as well so it is not hard to verify. You just need to google my name and you will find enough hits to confirm who I am.

So long as you don't confuse me the greyhound trainer from down south by the same name. I would not force dogs to race or use the training methods needed dogs are meant to be cuddled and fed.

Or google my company name from the emails and you can also find me. I am hardly and obscure person.

Cheers Geoff Sheather

No eightyknots it is "my name" @ my own business website. The company website and name is always on my emails as well so it is not hard to verify. You just need to google my name and you will find enough hits to confirm who I am.So long as you don't confuse me the greyhound trainer from down south by the same name. I would not force dogs to race or use the training methods needed dogs are meant to be cuddled and fed.

Or google my company name from the emails and you can also find me. I am hardly and obscure person.

Cheers Geoff Sheather

Because you engaged in "full disclosure" of your identity, I cannot understand why you were treated with such suspicion. I think the retired judge is either a perpetual grump or was having a bad day.

I hope your search for a good aircraft goes well!

Thank you mate I shall find one.

After some interesting advice today I may need to look elsewhere. I actually had my heart set on a type of aircraft but now wonder whether it would be more suited to a longer time pilot. I have the time and the effort to put in to learning new stuff but maybe it is beyond me just yet. I may need to go fly one before I start looking at them but can't find a flight school with one on the books.

I like the concept of Motor Gliders or at least RAA aircraft with high glide ratios but they seem to come with there own set of problems.

I have knocked up nearly 20 hours in the Foxbat in the last 2 weeks and am starting to wonder if I will tire of cruising at 80 knots or so which seems to cut out a whole list of possible aircraft.

So many airplanes and so little time. It seems so much easier to buy a bike.

Cheers Geoff13

• Like 1

Hi Geoff13,

I am a bit biased since I have one, but you may find the Eurofox (either 3k or taildragger) fits your purposes. It feels very roomy width-wise, and the wings easily fold back to fit inside my trailer when required (all on my own). 24 rego, and the ever reliable Rotax 912ULS gives me a true airspeed of 110 knots without effort. Empty it is under 300kg, so with a MTOW of 560kg you may find it can carry you, your passenger, and a bit of gear with 85 litres useable. It has superb short field performance, and mine is fully Dynon glass panel with autopilot - handy for the longer trips (esp. Tassie). It has a varient that can tow gliders, so that might help your purposes too.

Tony Brand at Horsham Aviation does all my servicing, and he is the Australian agent that imports them.

http://horshamaviation.com.au/Aircraft/

Check out his website and follow up with a call if you like. It is a joy to fly, and the build quality is fantastic and safe. BTW I am retired, and do not work at Horsham Aviation, so this is just my personal (though passionate) opinion.

• Like 1