LOW LEVEL TRAINING & TESTING APPROVALS

poteroo

Can you explain what is involved in the low level instruction ? i.e. what exercises, how long does it typically take etc ?

It's in the new RAAus Training Syllabus - available on RAAus website. CAO 29.10 also has some basics. Most GA schools have it in their Ops Manual too. Depending on your experience and skills - plan for 5 hrs plus. The plus applies to those who are uncertain what the pedals are for. happy days,

• Like 1

It's in the new RAAus Training Syllabus - available on RAAus website. CAO 29.10 also has some basics. Most GA schools have it in their Ops Manual too. Depending on your experience and skills - plan for 5 hrs plus. The plus applies to those who are uncertain what the pedals are for. happy days,

Ta much. I've had a look - sounds like fun (for me, anyway, maybe not for the poor instructor !) and has to improve all aspects of flying. I'll save my lunch money and see if I can't do it at the next BFR time. I am assuming it is always going to be in a school plane, not my own ?

Ta much. I've had a look - sounds like fun (for me, anyway, maybe not for the poor instructor !) and has to improve all aspects of flying. I'll save my lunch money and see if I can't do it at the next BFR time. I am assuming it is always going to be in a school plane, not my own ?

Where are you based Boxfat? If in WA I would contact Potts, if in Qld I'd contact Kevin Walters at Bradfield airfield.

• Like 1

BUT they won't give it to you UNLESS you need it (like for mustering etc). My point is ALL instructors should have it to properly teach their students. I presented ALL the log book evidence , but was told I had no use for it. even though I had been teaching students the basics of it. The ESSENTIAL minimum. Nev.

• Agree 1

.........My point is ALL instructors should have it to properly teach their students. I presented ALL the log book evidence , but was told I had no use for it. even though I had been teaching students the basics of it. The ESSENTIAL minimum. Nev.

That is outrageous Nev, especially with your background and experience and the fact you were an Instructor.

• Agree 1

Where are you based Boxfat? If in WA I would contact Potts, if in Qld I'd contact Kevin Walters at Bradfield airfield.

Tks yeah WA and we all know each other over here, in fact he's probably my uncle :)

More seriously, yes, it will be at Albany and can communicate directly. Just asking in the forum when I think the answer might be of interest to others.

Cheers

AM

• 3 weeks later...

Old post I know,

When I obtained my LL from Raaus it was because I flew out of private airstrips wich often included steep landing areas, this requires a much different techneque than those used in a standard circuit. Such as height and approach...

I do not consider myself as a cowboy, And am no longer afraid of low level manoeuvres any longer as I gained a valuable skill along with a better understanding of consequence.

I am guessing that the powers to be think that we ALL will become misfits after we undertake such training.

How do we become better trained if our CFI's are hamstrung?

Personally I think this type of training is just as important as spin recovery, it just may save 1 or 2 lives.

• Agree 3