Changing coolant on 582 Rotax Blue fitted to Airborne Edge X Trike - How to do it properly?

Changed by disconnecting the bottom hose from RHS radiator (when looking from prop) but now temp hit 180 degrees (which is max) Fahrenheit on climb and on ground runs - when previously 150~160 Fahrenheit was normal on climb and 140-150 during cruise.

I tried opening every bolt, tube to bleed air but still same! (The two Allen key bolts and the edge centre bolt on top of the engine bolt 24 rotax diagram - the opposite location to where tube 14 that leads back to the radiator).

I didn't open bottom bolt on the water pump - should I?

Does anyone have a method for dummies that I could try!!

My god this is a frustrating process. Mainly because there are no damn instructions on how to do it properly in Rotax manuals.

Neither could I find via Google?

What annoys me more is that I didn't actually need to do it for the 100 hourly service either.

Why did I? Because I couldn't determine what coolant was in it as I bought second hand - it was green. I didn't want to mix. And I thought a renewal would be good!

Not able to find castrol antifreeze all climate, I bought nulon red premix (after checking with airborne).

I also tried draining some out and diluting with deionised water - no change.

I suspect an airlock somewhere..,

I've given up on nulon red and bought castrol radicool (green).

I'm going to flush it all out and fill up with this.

Really need help on how to do it properly! Current grounded until I solve this!

image.jpg.189f54ebe19e9d238d427496c2c83dc2.jpg

Attached a few photos

image.jpg.d025c78448bb2c8d6a43ea8c6158d7fa.jpg

image.jpg.53c356e318161b8cdb37521783d9cd83.jpg

image.jpg.5fba48e8bb3c61d7bcee29aa91ab6264.jpg

image.jpg.27f48211dc5388e743da80553bba101f.jpg

image.jpg.510563c9fe4c56b624bab46abdaa400b.jpg

image.jpg.6d9caad396b62ab7a4e5a2dc4f321bbe.jpg

I found with my blue top that it bleeds it self but found different coolant can change the temp reading I use both castrol and glyco coolant works fine for my craft .

I have run the engine with the cap off too see the air bubbles and then let it sit for a minute or two then run again to check for a good flow but that about all i have done on my blue top .

• Like 1

Have Nulon red at 50 50 mix no issues at all but I have found if you have the wrong mix your temps can go up ( more coolant than water). I have a fitting with ball valve on top of head and open up when running and hot to get any air out...then refit bung again after when cool. If you find it's still getting hot run a more water mix than coolant and if temps drop your onto a winner......cheers Ducks

• Like 1