Looking to practice in a foxbat

Harbourtrade

Greetings all. I've recently acquired my certificate. I've not flown for 6 months or so and TBH I certainly have struggled to attain my certificate. I would like to continue with circuits and training to feel more confident. Would like a remote/quiet airstrip and am willing to travel. A coastal area would be great as I am also learning to surf (also struggling!) Recently semi retired.

Any thoughts?

Yes, I own a foxbat it it is almost too easy. Very forgiving and it slows down very easily which I found a problem with in my early days.

The slippery aircraft make better pilots I think but the foxbat should give you some confidence which it sounds like what you need.

Different horses for different courses.

I wish my foxbat cruised like a J170....lol...

Made a 10 mile call yesterday from 8000. No dramas joining downwind nicely.

Barely hit 90 knots on decent.

Not an absolute direct inbound track, a little bit circular to tie in with the join.

• Agree 1

Greetings all. I've recently acquired my certificate. I've not flown for 6 months or so and TBH I certainly have struggled to attain my certificate. I would like to continue with circuits and training to feel more confident. Would like a remote/quiet airstrip and am willing to travel. A coastal area would be great as I am also learning to surf (also struggling!) Recently semi retired.Any thoughts?

Contact Pylon 500 on here, he is located at Taree, satellite of SRFC at The Oaks. Has a Foxbat.

Port Macquarie have a Foxbat, busy airport but fly it a little north Kempsey a quite strip. Good beaches at all of these places.

Thanks Camel. I will check out the Taree option.

I'm aware of PM but it is quite busy with RPT craft. I also understand there are quite a few chinese students learning there. I sometimes struggle understanding us locals!

Jabiru

Hi. The Foxbat is a delight. I have one in the UK G-EOID. All the basics of landing any aircraft apply to the Foxbat, get your speeds nailed and trimmed on final, keep your eyes looking way ahead in the roundout, don't be in a hurry, let the aircraft sink onto the wheels in its own time, keep the stick/yolk pressure progressively back to protect the noseleg. Take a look at the go around in my Foxbat on my Youtube channel, superrealitykid . Good luck and if it's been 6 months you should consider taking an instructor for the first hour imho. James.

Sydney Recreational Flying Club out at The Oaks have a foxbat for training and hire. You can find details at their website www.srfc.org. au.I flew with them Apr 14, they were a nIce bunch of guys and instruction in the foxbat was fun.

Hope this helps

Phil

And The Oaks is pretty quiet. SRFC does Foxbat training on Thursdays and Saturdays and you have only a short run to get out of the Sydney ratrace without having to put up with the big ratrace called the Pacific Highway. Call Dave on 0425 251 939 to enquire

Enjoy