Thruster ultralight prototypes

Rod Mill

G'day Friends, I'm wondering if there's anyone out there still interested in the prototype Thruster aircraft.

I have the original single seater, designated as T1 'Genesis' and the original Thruster Glasshouse which is in single seat configuration. Both aircraft are currently in non-flying condition and hangared at Watts Bridge airfield. If anyone is still interested in Thrusters, I can supply more info. Thanks, Rod

Any pics of T1? And what sort of $$ you looking at?

" if anyone's is still interested in thrusters"? Hell yeh we are

And in a few months everyone will want a Jack Flyer type plane ....

Note...And we may need them for filming purposes ;)

• Like 1

Any pics of T1? And what sort of $$ you looking at?" if anyone's is still interested in thrusters"? Hell yeh we are

G'day flyerme,

I have photos in the restoration log book at the airfield, which is 135kms from my home, but I'll try to get there in the next few days or so. At present, both prototypes are partially dismantled for ease of storage.

I'm not familiar with forums, but I'll try uploading photos and any other info you may find useful. I also have a full set of Tony Hayes' TOSG Bulletins which would be invaluable to Thruster restorers.

• Like 1

What, pray tell, is a Thruster? Put another way, is it enclosed and does it meet the USA FAA's Part 103 Ultralight constraints. Folks in EU, UK and KoalaLand apply the term "ultralight" to anything lighter than a Shorts SkyVan...exaggerating only slightly here.

1983 T-83. First Factory built Thrusters. Single seat .powered by a Fuji robin ec-44-pm

50 hp 2stroke engine. MTOW in oz 300kgs. Empty weight 116 kgs. Built strong for the harsh Australian weather.

image.jpg.5579108205624f0d6e95735abbaa6025.jpg

image.jpg.8e06d0ad427d01a2f232573251c57cdf.jpg

• Like 1

What, pray tell, is a Thruster? Put another way, is it enclosed and does it meet the USA FAA's Part 103 Ultralight constraints. Folks in EU, UK and KoalaLand apply the term "ultralight" to anything lighter than a Shorts SkyVan...exaggerating only slightly here.

They can be enclosed as mine was above. Some info above post

This is a Frank bailey Javelin, single seat powered by a Rotax 447.This was preceded by a wire brace Mustang of lighter construction and with no pod. Both have single surface wings.[ATTACH=full]33842[/ATTACH][/quote

You really need to get her flying ,

• Agree 1

Any pics of T1? And what sort of $$ you looking at?" if anyone's is still interested in thrusters"? Hell yeh we are

Hi flyerme

If you know of anyone that is serious about buying a "jack flyer" type aircraft would really appreciate being put in contact. My Kestrel is on the R A A website for $6,500 for aircraft and trailer, both legal and regisered. It must be my marketing (or lack of it) 'cause after 7 weeks I have yet to have anyone veiw it. Regards Keith

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Hi flyermeIf you know of anyone that is serious about buying a "jack flyer" type aircraft would really appreciate being put in contact. My Kestrel is on the R A A website for $6,500 for aircraft and trailer, both legal and regisered. It must be my marketing (or lack of it) 'cause after 7 weeks I have yet to have anyone veiw it. Regards Keith

I'll keep an ear out. But right now seems a little slow for sellers, understandable this time a year plus there is quit a lot on the market at present?Tax times the best time .

Give "gumtree"a go . I troll it often and bought 2 of my aircraft on their.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

They can be enclosed as mine was above. Some info above post

G'day flyerme,I have photos in the restoration log book at the airfield, which is 135kms from my home, but I'll try to get there in the next few days or so. At present, both prototypes are partially dismantled for ease of storage.

I'm not familiar with forums, but I'll try uploading photos and any other info you may find useful. I also have a full set of Tony Hayes' TOSG Bulletins which would be invaluable to Thruster restorers.

As I'm unable to travel to Watts Bridge for a few weeks due to medical problems, I've found a couple of photos of my Thruster T1 prototype on the web which may interest you, Rego 19-569.

The Thruster Glasshouse prototype had the rego 19-1424, but I don't have any photos on hand. It started out as a 2-seater, but according to Tony Hayes, CASA only allowed it to be flown as a single seater due to insufficient wing area. Tony was heavily involved in the restoration of both aircraft.

I don't know the regs covering these aircraft now, but both could be easily returned to flying condition if anyone was so inclined.

These pics show the 40 hp Cyuna.

http://www.recreationalpilots.com.au/gallery/details.php?image_id=802&mode=search

http://www.recreationalpilots.com.au/gallery/details.php?image_id=801&mode=search

This pic shows the original 24 hp Cyuna.

http://www.recreationalflying.com/threads/the-first-thruster.1862/