BFR?

stevron

Stevron, all this type of information is in your ops manual. The answer is yes it is, although RAAus is behind the times as a GA flight review is no longer put in your log book but in your licence (Part 61 Licence). You just need to send the proof to RAAus HQ.

From Section 2.07 of the RAAus Ops Manual

(g) an aeroplane flight review (AFR) conducted in a single engine aeroplane with a MTOW less than 1500KG, is accepted as meeting the requirements of paragraph 5.f. A copy of the AFR statement from the pilot’s logbook is to be forwarded to RA-Aus Headquarters. The statement should include the pilot’s name, type of flight conducted, name and signature of the examiner and the date of the AFR.

• Agree 2

Be careful! Whilst the RAAus Ops Manual is quite clear on the subject, and the CASA regs on what constitutes a Flight Review is also quite clear, unfortunately it is solely based upon the opinion of the Operations Manager as to wether they accept it or not, and even though the various board members know of the issue they seem very reluctant to do anything about it.

I flew and passed my PPL flight exam in September, and submitted that in November to satisfy the BFR requirement and was refused. RAA was happy to take my money however...just not to recognise the PPL test as evidence of satisfying the BFR.

I flew and passed my PPL flight exam in September, and submitted that in November to satisfy the BFR requirement and was refused. RAA was happy to take my money however...just not to recognise the PPL test as evidence of satisfying the BFR.

Not sure how they can refuse. The ops manager has to abide by the ops manual like everyone else. Section 2.07 could not be more clear (see below). You should not be expected to bear the extra cost for no reason. The only issue I can see is if you did your PPL in a large heavy aircraft (over 1500kg mtow). Don't just take no for an answer, quote the ops manual and request a reason. If you are not happy go the the CEO or your local board member.

(e) if a Pilot Certificate holder has within a period of two years immediately preceding the proposed flight, passed a flight test for the issue of a CASA Recreational Pilot Licence or higher, or the

initial issue of a CASA licence, rating or endorsement, then the pilot is taken to have satisfactorily completed a recreational aeroplane flight review on the date of the flight test.