Flying into Sunshine Coast (YBSU) - Via VFR entry points?

I heard the other day that Bris tower is going full digital strips? IIRC I think I recall being told that Melbourne had already gone that way.

I know that the security issues are a problem these days, but its well worth a visit to BNE Center if you can. I got the full tour there, I was lucky cause I am friends with one of the old bosses.

Anyway, my next venture is into Class C, Gold Coast!! I am off to the US for a month, but when I get back I will do another run into sunny coast then will start tormenting the goldy ATC's. I apologise in advance for my crap radio work!! I promise I will get my flight plans correct!

If I can ask one question of any GC ATC or pilots, what are the quieter times to fly into the Gold Coast? I would like to try and plan around busy RPT times.

Gold Coast, Perth, Cairns and Brisbane towers are all "slated" for the new digital strip technology. They will join Broome, Rockhampton, Adelaide and Melbourne who already use the suite. The issue with this system from what I've heard is inputting flight plans is harder then now so the use of NAIPS will be paramount to gain access airborne.

• Informative 1

I fly out of Broome regularly without flight plans submitted and they have never had an issue. I was unaware that they had the new technology, I've not been allowed up since the increased terror threat.