Fast Scout

Found this the other day. The little Rotax 277 was made for it, especially when we had the floats fitted.

(no photos yet discovered)

DSCN0868.JPG.0ef87dce7b17d092cb95901acaa38d10.JPG

• Like 2

Flash looking little Scout - bit of history there! We had 50 odd Scouts here in NZ but it years since I last saw one fly. They were pretty marginal on the single-banger Robin (18hp on a good day) but re-engined witha KFM or such they went quite well. The one in your photo must be one of the very last ones produced.

My dad has had one of these in a hangar out in the wheatbelt for 20 years... I should really pull it out and take some photos. It is almost identical to this one except it's yellow and doesn't have the back part of the pod. I never realised it was an early rotax engine!

• Caution 1

My dad has had one of these in a hangar out in the wheatbelt for 20 years... I should really pull it out and take some photos. It is almost identical to this one except it's yellow and doesn't have the back part of the pod. I never realised it was an early rotax engine!

Well they didn't come out with the rotax 277 , we put the 277 on and took off the Robyn with a belt drive that always slipped when it got wet.