13 June 15 12 Months Today

Today is 12 months to the day since I did my first TIF.

The year has provided personal challenges and achievements that I could never have imagined 1 year ago. I have achieved my Pilots Certificate, My PAX endo, and my Cross Country.

Being a person who sets personal goals I have failed in a couple of achievements that I had hoped for but in hindsight I am better to not have achieved than to injure myself or someone else trying.

I have almost 200 hours up but my biggest disappointment is that the CAGIT trophy is still in WA. I have plans to fix that minor technicality but I need to get my own plane in the air first. It has been my goal to get that trophy since about July last year. If I was made of money I would have hired a J230 and gone and got it. But my gut tells me that it needs to be done in a high drag low speed aircraft. I also have the dream of getting the longest journey to get it which means circumnavigating this great country on the way around. So it is still there and someone may beat me to it, but they had better hurry because I am nearly ready.

My journey to flight has been a challenge, a thrill and it has set and broken some truly personal goals and achievements. It has been not easy but fun and tomorrow my second year begins. Today was the end of year one and was meant to end with a flight to Murgon for the Flyin Brekkie. The fact that I didn't go on this tumultuous day says a lot about my training. Today the WX was crap and I spent the day at home with she who must be obeyed.

Tomorrow I may fly but then again I may spend the day in the hangar working on my plane.

Whatever tomorrow brings, this last year has been one of the best that I have lived thanks to achieving my childhood dream. Thank you to all who have shared my dream in one way or another.

As for why my plane is not yet airborne, that is a question for another thread.

• Like 8
  • Winner 2

Whatever tomorrow brings, this last year has been one of the best that I have lived thanks to achieving my childhood dream. Thank you to all who have shared my dream in one way or another

It's great when a dream comes true, many people just talk about it but I admire people that actually go out and live that dream and achieve it....well done Geoff...may you continue to live your dream safely and add some fun it there too...001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

David