Oil temp guage showing 97 deg C when turned off

I put power on to my new build today and the 'AVIA' brand oil temp gauge is reading about 97 deg C. I have not run the engine yet and it's a new gauge. Every thing else looks ok.

Any informtion about if this will be ok when I start the engine?

Battery disconnected and gauge still showing 97 deg.

1355530533_Aviaoilpressgauge.JPG.f2e7fd59bdbe74eea5a05112d7e8b1b6.JPG

Thanks

Mike

• 1 month later...
Sound like it maybe faulty mate dose it cycle up when powered up ?

Hi Doug

Was a faulty gauge. Replaced without any hassles by Rotax Gary at Bert Floods and the Avia man Roberto. Excellant service and all good now. Started last Sunday arvo, goes nice. Moving to hangar this Sunday all going well. Just need the trailer. A worst I'll get it out there early next Saturday. I'll let you know so you can plan a visit.

Cheers

Mike

Hi DougWas a faulty gauge. Replaced without any hassles by Rotax Gary at Bert Floods and the Avia man Roberto. Excellant service and all good now. Started last Sunday arvo, goes nice. Moving to hangar this Sunday all going well. Just need the trailer. A worst I'll get it out there early next Saturday. I'll let you know so you can plan a visit.

Cheers

Mike

Great mate sound like it coming along nice. We are having a bit of a fly/drive in for warren Bulter birthday at lakeside if your interested on the 5th September .