Otherton Aifield Fly - In. . . .22nd - 23rd August. . . .

Phil Perry

Probably a bit far for you to fly,. . . . .shame though, . . .would LOVE to see some Lightwings drop in. . . .and be able to abuse them on the Air / Ground radio,. . .as I usually do, for getting the circuit all wrong again. . . . .

[ATTACH=full]37374[/ATTACH]

Probably a bit far for you to fly,. . . . .shame though, . . .would LOVE to see some Lightwings drop in. . . .and be able to abuse them on the Air / Ground radio,. . .as I usually do, for getting the circuit all wrong again. . . . .

35631482_OthertonAirfieldFly-in.jpg.25f36c3f2921d91ff584b88d8550b744.jpg

Is it annual event Phil ? ... I'm planning a trip over there about this time next year .. Talking of Lightwings in the UK , in a similar vein , I'd like to see a few Icarus C42's over here ..

Dave

Is it annual event Phil ? ... I'm planning a trip over there about this time next year .. Talking of Lightwings in the UK , in a similar vein , I'd like to see a few Icarus C42's over here ..

Dave

Is it annual event Phil ? ... I'm planning a trip over there about this time next year .. Talking of Lightwings in the UK , in a similar vein , I'd like to see a few Icarus C42's over here ..Dave

Dave when I was there a few weeks ago I think there was one parked at Otherton, Phil wasn't that an Icarus when I was there? this one on the right in this photo? David

[ATTACH=full]37400[/ATTACH]

Is it annual event Phil ? ... I'm planning a trip over there about this time next year .. Talking of Lightwings in the UK , in a similar vein , I'd like to see a few Icarus C42's over here ..Dave

Dave when I was there a few weeks ago I think there was one parked at Otherton, Phil wasn't that an Icarus when I was there? this one on the right in this photo? David

IMG_0891.JPG.a968c81a98ccae47bf7c07c213c664c8.JPG

Yes , that's definitely an Icarus C42 .... Had the great pleasure of flying one a couple of years ago from Halfpenny Green Airport , not too far from Otherton ...left a very nice lasting impression . My sort of aeroplane ..

Dave

Yes , that's definitely an Icarus C42 .... Had the great pleasure of flying one a couple of years ago from Halfpenny Green Airport , not too far from Otherton ...left a very nice lasting impression . My sort of aeroplane ..

Dave

Yes it looked great Dave, the owner had parked there for a couple of days so he wasn't around to have a sit inside it... but yes I would have like to go for a fly in it...what do they cruise at?

David

Yes it looked great Dave, the owner had parked there for a couple of days so he wasn't around to have a sit inside it... but yes I would have like to go for a fly in it...what do they cruise at?

David

They cruise around 85-90kts I seem to recall ... A very nice handling aircraft , decent rate of climb and a good short field capability ... I would class it very similar to the Skyranger Nynja in performance and build type ..

Dave

They cruise around 85-90kts I seem to recall ... A very nice handling aircraft , decent rate of climb and a good short field capability ... I would class it very similar to the Skyranger Nynja in performance and build type ..

Dave

Dave when I was there a few weeks ago I think there was one parked at Otherton, Phil wasn't that an Icarus when I was there? this one on the right in this photo? David[ATTACH=full]37400[/ATTACH]

Yep,. . .Dave is right David, . . . they are very popular trainers at many schools around the UK. German made, Rotax 912s powered, centre shared stick controls. GRP fuselage, fabric covered wings, tail and control surfaces; making SOME reapairs a little easier than hard skinned metal / plastic all over types.

The one in that picture is owned by our visiting permit renewal guy, but we have another two based at the site, and three current students are planning on buying same, on completion of training.

Phil

Dave when I was there a few weeks ago I think there was one parked at Otherton, Phil wasn't that an Icarus when I was there? this one on the right in this photo? David[ATTACH=full]37400[/ATTACH]

Yep,. . .Dave is right David, . . . they are very popular trainers at many schools around the UK. German made, Rotax 912s powered, centre shared stick controls. GRP fuselage, fabric covered wings, tail and control surfaces; making SOME reapairs a little easier than hard skinned metal / plastic all over types.

The one in that picture is owned by our visiting permit renewal guy, but we have another two based at the site, and three current students are planning on buying same, on completion of training.

Phil

I assume you flew at the "Green" with "Wilkesy" . . .nice bloke. As you're probably aware, the C-42 Importer is based at the Green, they arrive disassembled in crates and are put together there.

You'll have to start importing them yourself Dave ! ! ! They tell me you can make a small fortune out of aviation ( If you start off with a large fortune first that is. . . )

Yes we have a few events, and that one is a regular. Usually, being the English "Summer" we normally lose one of the two days to rain ! !

I 'ope I doe miss seein' ya next year aer kid . . . . .! !

Phil

I assume you flew at the "Green" with "Wilkesy" . . .nice bloke. As you're probably aware, the C-42 Importer is based at the Green, they arrive disassembled in crates and are put together there.

You'll have to start importing them yourself Dave ! ! ! They tell me you can make a small fortune out of aviation ( If you start off with a large fortune first that is. . . )

Yes we have a few events, and that one is a regular. Usually, being the English "Summer" we normally lose one of the two days to rain ! !

I 'ope I doe miss seein' ya next year aer kid . . . . .! !

Phil

Phil .Yes I flew with Wilkesy from the Green , a lovely bloke who runs a good outfit over there.. I'm hoping to do the RIAT and Farnborough next year , coincidentally and fortunate for me within a week of each other . Of course Ill try my hardest and get over to see you , should be easier next time as I'm planning about a 6 week stay ..

Dave

Phil .Yes I flew with Wilkesy from the Green , a lovely bloke who runs a good outfit over there.. I'm hoping to do the RIAT and Farnborough next year , coincidentally and fortunate for me within a week of each other . Of course Ill try my hardest and get over to see you , should be easier next time as I'm planning about a 6 week stay ..

Dave