Garmin 296 Flt Planning issue

Just wanted to get users experience on loading and navigating a plan.

Recently i loaded a plan departing Bankstown with various waypoints to the north.

I loaded Bankstown as the first waypoint (departure point) and activated the plan while taxiing at Bankstown, and after tkof, the GPS did not cycle to give info on the next waypoint, it just kept giving info on Bankstown as the next waypoint.

I realise the GOTO function would rectify this, but am asking if the first waypoint AFTER departure should be the first one loaded at the planning stage?

Comments appreciated thanks.

• Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...
Perhaps it didn't activate?If it did, you should have seen the waypoints on the screen, enter, enter and you will have the tracks on the map.

I always check before takeoff.

Phil.

Agree. You should pickup the plan you want from the main menu, then press menu and 'activate' it. Then it should show the 1st waypoint either on your map page plus the magenta trackline from your departure location. Or it will show a magenta arrow from your departure location down to the 1st waypoint on the plan page. I always have a field on my map page which shows the next waypoint, (NB:not the final wpt) - thus making it easy to tell if the plan has been activated. 296 is a vg GPS - hang on to it. happy days,