As a person who has been flying overseas for a while, now back in AUS

SSCBD

As a person who has been flying overseas for a while, now back in AUS and getting my RAA license redone all of course subject to time and workload. I fly on the dark side (GA aircraft ) and on the RAA side over a few years and in process of generally catching up on what’s changed here.

It got me thinking, do you guys keep reviewing or just keep up with changes (and I know there is a lot of them as I am finding out over the last couple of years being out of the RAA system).

I know I can fly an aircraft and I can fly a map from experience and many hours doing it, but now introducing controlled airspace which I started with and secondary airports back in the day its getting very similar to the GA PPL standard.

So my question is?

My modified version of - Pilot Professional Development for LSA encompasses all types of facilitated learning opportunities including personally make time to review of rules, regs, good old airmanship, review of old training coursework, conferences and informal learning opportunities to start with and lets not forget all the different procedures.

Or have you made time or sought professional help such as, sitting down with an instructor when those nagging doubts that can come in the back of your head (am I doing this the right way) or have I stuffed up or not ?

For example besides a flight review, setting time to hit the books or reread the ops manual, aircraft performance or procedures.

For example driving a car how many times have you broken road rule, like forgetting to indicate, pushed an orange light, or a couple k over the speed limit, rolled over a stop sign etc.

Forgetting students in this as they have enough problems getting to pass the training side.

AND I AM NOT AN INSTRUCTOR TO BE CLEAR.

I hadn't flown a lighty since 1985 & my last flight in Australia was mid 1999, whilst on leave a few years ago a mate took me for a flight in his a/c, I loved it but had no desire to fly the same vintage of a/c that I flew in the 80's at outrageous prices, whilst at Caboolture I was introduced to RAA & was very impressed, i.e. new a/c, impressive performance & rates compared to GA & I was hooked. As far as prep goes I just read the VFG & some of the relevant AIP's, lots of changes with altitudes & R/T calls etc so no real drama. Check flight was just some general handling, PFL's, stall & circuits. In my opinion an experienced pilot should be able to get back up to speed by themselves relatively quickly. 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

• Agree 1