New A32 Vixxen aircraft interview on episode 24 of the podcast

recflyer

What do you think of the new A32 Vixxen from Aeroprakt?

[MEDIA=audio]http://traffic.libsyn.com/goflying/Go_Flying_Australia_Podcast_024.mp3[/MEDIA]

On Episode 24 I talk with Peter Harlow who is the distributor of Aeroprakt aircraft in Australia. We talk about the trusty and well known A-22 Foxbat and also the brand new game changing A-32 Vixxen. The Vixxen has a stall speed of just 27 knots in the landing configuration and amazingly also is capable of 115 knots in the cruise. The Vixxen is not a replacement for the A-22 but is a new and redesigned aircraft.

Details:

Aeroprakt A32

as per A32 standard Australian specification, including all shipping and customs charges, registration with CASA or RA-Aus, including GST, ready to fly

A32 Data

(at 600 kgs MTOW, ISA standard conditions)

Take-off roll under 100 m

Take-off to 50’ 230 m

Crosswind limit (novice) 14 kts

Typical cruise TAS 40-115 kts

Best climb rate 65 kts

Best climb angle 54 kts

Vne (never exceed) 125 kts

Stall TAS (landing configuration) 27 kts

Flap limit speed 80 kts

Manouvering speed 105 kts

Best glide speed (no flap) 59 kts

Approach speed, full flap 49 kts

Landing roll under 100 m

Landing from 50’ 245 m

MTOW (land plane) 600 kgs

Typical empty weight 315-320 kgs

Fuel capacity 90 lts usable

Carry including fuel 280-285 kgs

Usable load after full fuel 215-220 kgs

Cruise endurance (912ULS) 4.5 hrs +res

Click here for the show notes

Subscribe via Itunes here, Click here to learn how to subscribe using an android phone

I would love to hear some feedback.

I would love to hear any feed back (both good/bad) by the following means:

- Comments below this post

- Direct Message on the forum

- Comments function on my website www.goflying.net

- Contact form on my website

- twitter

- Our Facebook page

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Cheers,

Adam

What do you think of the new A32 Vixxen from Aeroprakt?On Episode 24 I talk with Peter Harlow who is the distributor of Aeroprakt aircraft in Australia. We talk about the trusty and well known A-22 Foxbat and also the brand new game changing A-32 Vixxen. The Vixxen has a stall speed of just 27 knots in the landing configuration and amazingly also is capable of 115 knots in the cruise. The Vixxen is not a replacement for the A-22 but is a new and redesigned aircraft.

Details:

Aeroprakt A32

as per A32 standard Australian specification, including all shipping and customs charges, registration with CASA or RA-Aus, including GST, ready to fly

A32 Data

(at 600 kgs MTOW, ISA standard conditions)

Take-off roll under 100 m

Take-off to 50’ 230 m

Crosswind limit (novice) 14 kts

Typical cruise TAS 40-115 kts

Best climb rate 65 kts

Best climb angle 54 kts

Vne (never exceed) 125 kts

Stall TAS (landing configuration) 27 kts

Flap limit speed 80 kts

Manouvering speed 105 kts

Best glide speed (no flap) 59 kts

Approach speed, full flap 49 kts

Landing roll under 100 m

Landing from 50’ 245 m

MTOW (land plane) 600 kgs

Typical empty weight 315-320 kgs

Fuel capacity 90 lts usable

Carry including fuel 280-285 kgs

Usable load after full fuel 215-220 kgs

Cruise endurance (912ULS) 4.5 hrs +res

Click here for the show notes

Subscribe via Itunes here, Click here to learn how to subscribe using an android phone

You don't think that, once the Vixxxen reaches a sound level of market acceptance, the Foxbat/Valor/A22 will be quietly phased out?

• Like 1

You don't think that, once the Vixxxen reaches a sound level of market acceptance, the Foxbat/Valor/A22 will be quietly phased out?

I think the A22 could eventually be phased out but It still appears to serve a purpose in some segments of the market:

- Ab initio training due to the lower cost (I would suppose that the A-32 would be better for cross country portion of training). It will be interesting to see what the first school charges for dual instruction per hour in the A32 versus the A22; and

- Rural land owners who use the aircraft for work around their property;

- Recreational owners who don't stray to far from their home airfield (or just plain are interested in doing 100 knots);

At the moment it appears the premium for the A32 above the A22 is around 24 k mark so I guess any potentially owner would have to weigh that up to see if it is worth the increased capability it provides.

Regardless they are both very capable aircraft.

• Agree 1

I think the A22 could eventually be phased out but It still appears to serve a purpose in some segments of the market:- Ab initio training due to the lower cost (I would suppose that the A-32 would be better for cross country portion of training). It will be interesting to see what the first school charges for dual instruction per hour in the A32 versus the A22; and

- Rural land owners who use the aircraft for work around their property;

- Recreational owners who don't stray to far from their home airfield (or just plain are interested in doing 100 knots);

At the moment it appears the premium for the A32 above the A22 is around 24 k mark so I guess any potentially owner would have to weigh that up to see if it is worth the increased capability it provides.

Regardless they are both very capable aircraft.

At this stage, it seems that larger wheels, sans spats, are not being offered as an option on the Vixxxen. This puts the A22 ahead in the off-field landing department.

• Like 1