Memorial Photo,s and Videos of Maj,Millard

bull

Hi everyone, I,ll be going to Ross,s funeral and will be posting photos and video of the funeral for all to see, and I thought maybe people could post photo,s of the times they have met the Major, and other photo,s that may be revelant as a bit of a memorial to Maj,Millard aka Ross Millard cheers.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry if I upset anyone ,but I thought that I would copy the photos from the other thread to start this one off, ok cheers Bull aka Bully to some..............

• Like 3

What a presence he's been here on RecFlying for years and years.

What a wit he was; and a pillar of strength, in heaps of ways, for all of us lovers of flight for the sake of it.

He was totally smitten with all things aviation for his whole life, it seems. He knew so much.

Suddenly this photo's so melancholy; Ross on his golf cart at the fantastic place he and his family built in the hills behind Ingham. Typical of his kindness, he invited me to stay some days there when I was moving around Qld. last year. I never did get the chance to meet his family in Townsville. I can only imagine how they're suffering, tonight.

img_0363-jpg.39640

img_0376-v2-jpg.39642

img_0372-jpg.39641

Garfly, Sunday at 10:38 PM Report

• Agree 1

image-jpeg.39667

David See ... Me the big Bloke .....and Major Millard ..with his old Lightwing cap ............

AUF Member true rag & tube .

I love our Taildraggers

• Like 1

2. RIP Ross condolences to your family.

3. skyfox1, Monday at 2:42 PM Report

4. #106 + Quote Reply

[*]

1. clear.png Like x 1

[*]clear.png Agree x 1

[*]List

[*]var dark_postrating_minimum_opacity = 1;

[*]clear.png

• clear.png

• clear.png

• clear.png

• clear.png

• clear.png

• clear.png

• clear.png

• clear.png

10899.jpg?1319089710

RobboWell-Known Member

Nov 14, 2007

Australia

Australia.gif

1. ?temp_hash=c21147ff197473dc2d48298b391f6af9

A TOWNSVILLE pilot killed in a light plane crash at Woodstock yesterday was a larrikin who “lived and breathed” flying, according to friends.

Ross Millard, 64, died when his LightWing light aircraft crashed after take-off at Ace Aviation’s private airfield at 6.40am.

Mr Millard, Recreational Aviation Australia’s North Queensland board member, had been flying for more than 45 years.

He had cheated death once previously, surviving a crash in the Northern Territory in 1974 in which two people died after a skydiving plane suffered “major engine power loss”.

Devastated friends yesterday remembered Mr Millard as someone who dedicated his life to improving aviation safety standards.

“He is a very experienced man and had flown all types of aircraft for many years so this a catastrophic loss,” fellow Woodstock pilot Ray Horn.

“He had done a lot of unpaid work through the ultralight fraternity because he was that passionate about flying.

“If I needed an inspection on my plane, he would be the man I go to because he took safety very seriously.

“There was every chance he was flying a plane he had been doing inspections on and I understand it was about ready for a test flight.”

Mr Millard was a contract aircraft maintainer and aviation consultant across the North and was a member of Ingham Aero Club.

He had previously worked as an aircraft engineer for Air Whitsunday Seaplanes and TransAir in California, as well as a technician for the Royal Australian Air Force.

North Queensland Aviation Services owner Mary Brown said Mr Millard was known as “little buddy” around Ingham and was an upbeat, outgoing man.

“He was very pro-active at promoting in aviation in this region,” she said.

“Ross always strived for the highest standard of aircraft maintenance and always promoted good, safe aviation.

“He was very well known, an absolute unique character and a bit of a larrikin and it’s so tragic we’ve lost him, but he died doing what he loved.”

Woodstock’s Donnington Airpark owner Ray Smith said the crash was a terrible loss for the ultralight industry.

“I had known Ross for several years and always found him to be a good sort of fellow to know

and I have never heard anyone say a bad word against him,” Mr Smith said.

“We had nothing in the way of wind here so flying conditions would have been perfect.”

Mr Millard was involved in the investigation of two planes that crashed near Woodstock in February, killing pilots Errol Young and Robin Friend.

“We all accept normal risks when we fly,” Mr Millard said at the time.

An investigation into the crash has begun and a report will be prepared for the coroner and the Civil Aviation Safety Authority.

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.a...for-crash-victim/story-fnjfzs4b-1227628056376

2. Attached Files:

[*]a" data-thumb-height="50">

[*]

39714-3ab42f2359ea8c2e9785df858dbf04f8.jpg

[*]image.jpg

File size:

55 KB

Views:

1. Robbo, Monday at 2:57 PM Report

2. #107 + Quote Reply

• Like 2

Although I never new Ross apart from this forum, I am tearing up watching the videos :( R.I.P mate.

How lucky was I Robbo? I jumped in at Marian airstrip near Mackay and we headed inland picking up what was the old inland ferry route used to take WW2 machines from South to North... visited the Birthplace of Qantas... overnighted at the airstrip where Nancy Bird started her commercial flying career... flew over the Dish... just to name a couple of the highlights.

• Like 2