Jandakot Recommendations

Rob.

Hi Everybody,

I've been searching through the forum for something current on flight schools in Jandakot.

Has any members had any recent experience with flight schools in Jandakot?

I'm planning on speaking to a couple in the next few weeks to get a gauge on which will be better suited for me but any advice/experience would be appricated.

Thanks.

I'm looking to complete my PPL.I'd be looking to complete my the majority of my training on a Saturday and Sunday.

Aero Club !!

Weekends are a great time for training, flying, bbq and aviation chit chat. I love this great Country !!

RACWA also does training at Murrayfield near Mandurah. They have an office/hangar, instructors and aircraft based there. That's a CTAF airfield. Would be a good choice if you live in the area.

rgmwa

• 1 month later...

I started my PPL in Carnarvon (CTAF) then completed it in Jandakot albeit most of it was done in Jandakot. I was trained at Minovation Flight Training (check their website), call and have a chat to Min she is the owner/CFI she'll talk you through what they can offer in a no nonsense way.

I started my PPL in Carnarvon (CTAF) then completed it in Jandakot albeit most of it was done in Jandakot. I was trained at Minovation Flight Training (check their website), call and have a chat to Min she is the owner/CFI she'll talk you through what they can offer in a no nonsense way.

Who did you do your PPL with in Carnarvon, please?

I'm pondering whether to fly my own across from Victoria mid year or whether to rent in WA and fly out to my old station homestead for a visit.

Thanks

Kaz

Who did you do your PPL with in Carnarvon, please?I'm pondering whether to fly my own across from Victoria mid year or whether to rent in WA and fly out to my old station homestead for a visit.

Thanks

Kaz

Hi Kaz,

It was Tropicair but that was about 18 years ago. I know the then CFI is sadly no longer with us so not sure what became of the school.

What was your Station called?

Cheers

Craig

Who did you do your PPL with in Carnarvon, please?I'm pondering whether to fly my own across from Victoria mid year or whether to rent in WA and fly out to my old station homestead for a visit.

Thanks

Kaz

Don't think there is any school at Carnarvon. Geraldton has both GA and RAAus and several types for hire, and is actually better served by RPT than Carnarvon so I'd think about starting from there. cheers,

Hi Kaz,It was Tropicair but that was about 18 years ago. I know the then CFI is sadly no longer with us so not sure what became of the school.

What was your Station called?

Cheers

Craig

Hi Craig

We used to rent a C150 or C172 from Tropicair for mustering in the late 70s.

I had Cobra Station which no longer exists.

Cobra, Wallburg, Pingandi, Mt James and. Couple of others were all resumed by the Crown at the end of the big drought in the early 80s. They were restocked and their waters closed down.

The Cobra Homestead was originally the Bangemall Pub serving the gold mines there. Built in the late 1800s from mud and wattle slabs it later had cement floors pored inside the walls and cement render inside and out. A galvanised roof was put on over the slabs and fastened with windmill rods to stop it blowing off during a cyclone. It operates today as a tourist venture. Lots of Aboriginal rock carvings, the old mines and the original homestead which was about 5 miles up the road from the pub. A number of old graves going back more than 100 years, too. met Augustus, the biggest rock in the world was in the middle of the run and I lobbied the then Lands Dept to declare it a National Park.

Cobra was set up to take cattle off its neighbours and I gather the old fella that settled it did that very well :-) Ernes Potts had been an overseer on Mt Augustus Station next door but took up the selection with his wife, Madeiline. He died quite young and Madeiline then married another stockman from Mt Augustus, Ben Wilson who carried on the tradition. Rob Bozanich bought it from Madeiline after Ben died and I bought it from Rob. It was bloody hot, bloody dry and bloody isolated, but I loved it and miss it still.

A lovely old Aboriginal stock,an from Mt Phillip next door came and spoke to me when I sold up.

He said to me: "You're goin"?

I said: "Yes" (and I was pretty emotional).

He said, with his hand on his heart: "You might leave this country 'ere, but it'll NEVER leave you"

I can still see in my mind's eye, the station tracks, the mills and yards, the creeks (and the unmarked graves along them), the oh so wild cattle, and the amazing clearness with which you could see 50 miles across the flats from the big jump up that is the backbone of the Bangemall Range leading all the way to the Mount.

I hope my ashes will be scattered there when I die.

Kaz

• Like 8
  • Winner 1

Hi CraigWe used to rent a C150 or C172 from Tropicair for mustering in the late 70s.

I had Cobra Station which no longer exists.

Cobra, Wallburg, Pingandi, Mt James and. Couple of others were all resumed by the Crown at the end of the big drought in the early 80s. They were restocked and their waters closed down.

The Cobra Homestead was originally the Bangemall Pub serving the gold mines there. Built in the late 1800s from mud and wattle slabs it later had cement floors pored inside the walls and cement render inside and out. A galvanised roof was put on over the slabs and fastened with windmill rods to stop it blowing off during a cyclone. It operates today as a tourist venture. Lots of Aboriginal rock carvings, the old mines and the original homestead which was about 5 miles up the road from the pub. A number of old graves going back more than 100 years, too. met Augustus, the biggest rock in the world was in the middle of the run and I lobbied the then Lands Dept to declare it a National Park.

Cobra was set up to take cattle off its neighbours and I gather the old fella that settled it did that very well :-) Ernes Potts had been an overseer on Mt Augustus Station next door but took up the selection with his wife, Madeiline. He died quite young and Madeiline then married another stockman from Mt Augustus, Ben Wilson who carried on the tradition. Rob Bozanich bought it from Madeiline after Ben died and I bought it from Rob. It was bloody hot, bloody dry and bloody isolated, but I loved it and miss it still.

A lovely old Aboriginal stock,an from Mt Phillip next door came and spoke to me when I sold up.

He said to me: "You're goin"?

I said: "Yes" (and I was pretty emotional).

He said, with his hand on his heart: "You might leave this country 'ere, but it'll NEVER leave you"

I can still see in my mind's eye, the station tracks, the mills and yards, the creeks (and the unmarked graves along them), the oh so wild cattle, and the amazing clearness with which you could see 50 miles across the flats from the big jump up that is the backbone of the Bangemall Range leading all the way to the Mount.

I hope my ashes will be scattered there when I die.

Kaz

Sending you a Private Message Kaz.......