Aviation Occurrence Statistics: 2005 to 2014

Guest Crezzi

Recreational aircraft page 86

"Powerplant / propulsion

There were 25 powerplant-related accidents and nine serious incidents involving recreational

aircraft reported to the ATSB in 2014. There were no fatal or serious injury accidents. Most

involved recreational aeroplanes though there were four weight shift aircraft also included in the

statistics."

For anyone who is interested - http://www.atsb.gov.au/publications/2015/ar-2015-082.aspxCheers

John

Thanks John,

Last year I produced for my amusement and enlightenment a spreadsheet that identified ATSB Jab related incidents & accidents as reported on their website with the data reportedly used by CASA. It was interesting to compare the ASTB's data with the "data" used by CASA to justify their restriction on Jabiru engines. The data did not match.

I know. Everyone is amazed!

• Agree 1

Always interesting to compare Australia's with USA's e.g. "The ATSB has reported that the average fatal accident rate for all general aviation activity in Australia was 12.5 per million hours flown in 2011. This is comparable to the average general aviation fatal accident rate in the United States which was 12.4 per million hours flown in 2011."