Thank you BP

Bennyboy320

To the board of BP, thanks for passing on the price cut to avgas as the price of oil has reduced by around 50% in the last year, gotta love completion, let's hope we see mogas at regional airports soon, i.e. The preferred fuel for Rotax engines. 068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

• Agree 1

What colour is your avgas? We been told by our CAA (NZ) that its changing to blue (100LL) here in January.

Funny that none of the fuel suppliers are listing any change from the 100/130 grade that has been supplied here for the last 30 years.

A bit less lead should be better for Rotax and Jabirus, but it amazes me how we are told the 100/130 is essential for some operators and therefore the only grade supplied - yet clearly 100LL will do. I remember back in the 70's when red 80 was phased out and replaced with 100LL the training A/C were carking it at the runup area and being sent back to maint for a plug clean - until we got taught to burn them off with mixture

Ralph

What colour is your avgas? We been told by our CAA (NZ) that its changing to blue (100LL) here in January.Funny that none of the fuel suppliers are listing any change from the 100/130 grade that has been supplied here for the last 30 years.

A bit less lead should be better for Rotax and Jabirus, but it amazes me how we are told the 100/130 is essential for some operators and therefore the only grade supplied - yet clearly 100LL will do. I remember back in the 70's when red 80 was phased out and replaced with 100LL the training A/C were carking it at the runup area and being sent back to maint for a plug clean - until we got taught to burn them off with mixture

Ralph

Blue.

• 3 weeks later...

Just looking at the AVGAS prices on Ozrunways, now that oil is approaching US$28 a barrel or about 75% lower than its hey day the average AVGAS price has only gone down 5% in AUD, taking into account the plummeting value of the AUD its still a rip off.080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

• Agree 1

Yeah....Thanks BP...

Oil spills last forever and after the devastation caused by the Gulf of Mexico oil spill, we can’t let BP drill for oil in the Great Australian Bight – right in the middle of one of the most significant whale nurseries in the world.

https://www.wilderness.org.au/stop-bp-now-and-forever?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=CashAsk&utm_campaign=Facebook-GAB-Turtle-Appeal&%3Futm_source=Facebook

Just looking at the AVGAS prices on Ozrunways, now that oil is approaching US$28 a barrel or about 75% lower than its hey day the average AVGAS price has only gone down 5% in AUD, taking into account the plummeting value of the AUD its still a rip off.080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

Governments cut is based on percentage. They're obviously not interested in putting pressure on the oil companies!