Ordering fuels

Me again...

I need to refuel at moorabbin on my next flight, but not sure what to do with getting fuel.

On all my other flights I've been able to use a self service bowser at other airfields prior to Moorabbin but looks like this time I'll need to order fuel.

Just wondering how others do this? Can I call AirBP and arrange that way or how do I call over the radio?

Thanks

Thanks Robbo.

The Moorabbin airport website was abit to vague for me and the ERSA mentioned that the Air BP bowser is only after hours.

Never had to radio for fuel before and not sure how "professional" I need to make the call or how to make the call.

Will just call Air BP I guess.

Simple

Air BP Alpha Bravo Charlie

Alpha Bravo Charlie Air BP

Alpha Bravo Charlie Request AvGas for a 172 at the parking area below the tower.

Alpha Bravo Charlie Air BP will be there in approx 5 minutes.

Alpha Bravo Charlie.

Or if you don't wanna use the radio just call up on the phone and you will most likely be diverted to the drivers mobile.

As for the bowser, from my understanding it is 24 hours but they say after hours in the ersa as the tanker doesn't operate after about 9pm.

And why there are places like these forums to help clairfy things when the ERSA doesn't quite answer the whole question...014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif

Not having a go at you mate, just saying 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Although the ersa is pretty clear, says ah only, I read that and I immediately know no tanker available after 9pm.

Hey, didn't take it that way. All good.

I've just never had to deal with refuellers before and hate messing people around and also sounding like a douche on the radio, your earlier post about what to say on the radio made thing really clear. Appreciate it.

You'll find that all the guys on the trucks are very friendly and helpful but if they are refuelling you may not get a response to your radio call however most likely heard and noted. I prefer a phone call so can leave a message if they're busy.

(I see now that all the bowsers take credit cards.)

• Informative 1