Tracking who has a Steen Skybolt in Aus.

Where are the Steen Skybolts in Australia.062_book.gif.f66253742d25e17391c5980536af74da.gif

image.jpeg.92669c19e6ae47413c686c596561405d.jpeg hi all,

I've been following the location and ownership of the Steen Skybolt in Australia out of curiosity

With one at Lethbridge Vic - a new arrival at Kyneton Vic - one at Penfield Vic - one on a private strip at Mansfield 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

I think I have them all accounted for? Seen another 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

There is one being built at Raglan, west of Gladstone Qld.

It is being modified to fit a Russian radial along the lines of a Pitts S12.

Last time I spoke to the builder which was at Christmas, the actual airframe was prety much complete and covering soon to commence.

Not sure if it or he is still around as i have not seen him for around 15 years or so but a Victorian skydiver Andy Ski built one all silver in colour.. Ripper aerobatic aircraft.

There was a second being built in the Gladstone area. Should be completed by now I think as 5 years ago the fuse was complete. Not sure where it went but the owner was involved with the construction of an alumina refinery. He will probably be on some other big construction project now. Name of Dave ???

UZZ is Andy's aircraft always wondered how he spelt his name. Also a jumper. Was living in Vic last i saw him must have gotten tired of the weather.

UZZ is Andy's aircraft always wondered how he spelt his name. Also a jumper. Was living in Vic last i saw him must have gotten tired of the weather.

Ski's up at Grafton, ag flying last I heard.

I used to see John fly JOL around after he built it, was very nice back then. Same with DDO.

Incidentally, I met Lamar Steen back in those days, nice guy - and big, which explains why he developed the Skybolt from the Pitts.

djpacro

Steens story is a great one to read. Particularly with his reference being bound under a Pitts by

Pitts himself measuring up. He had a tape, pads and pencils and was busy scribbling down all the detail.

Pitts asked him what he was up too. Then just gave him a set of plans for the Pitts..024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif to Dave him the effort.

Steen Aero Lab has some great links to the stories and history.

Thanks for links and info sent via email and the many Posts here.

I think the Atherton Skybolt has made it down south to Victoria.080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

Yes, a true story - I was very fortunate to have spent quite a bit of time with Curtis Pitts over a few years and he confirmed it.

Andy Ski's Bolt was very nice when he built it too but I haven't seen it for ages too.

Looking forward to seeing SZT sometime.