Backup EFIS

Guest SrPilot

Hi Tucano. Not sure of the desired features on your end (or whether the products I use are available or usable in AU), but in the U.S.A., I use ForeFlight on my iPad Mini with a Stratus II ADS-B. The Stratus adds traffic and weather to the iPad mapping in ForeFlight and provides a location icon for my plane on the map as well. I supply two short videos to show some of the features. Naturally, a lot of videos are available with a Google search. The iPad/ForeFlight/Stratus system is a backup for my MGL iEFIS Lite on my panel. I hope to connect the Stratus to the MGL too as soon as I determine whether it can be done

Usual disclaimers. I have absolutely no connection with any of these products, their manufacturers, or agents. My units were purchased by me using my hard-earned dollars. I am pleased with the system.

I hope you find this info helpful.

Take care.

Joe

Looking for one EFIS - Displays the primary flight instruments - Altimiter, Airspeed etc. Its for the rear coclpit of the Tucano.

This looks interesting

How would the iPad measure airspeed?Kaz

Sling it out the window, see where it lands and then do some fancy maths taking into account ground speed, height and drag 072_teacher.gif.7912536ad0b89695f6408008328df571.gif 062_book.gif.f66253742d25e17391c5980536af74da.gif 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif or download the iAirspeed app.

• Haha 1

Ilevil?? Make a unit which does all this and sends it to ipad appTheres a few models, being US some have features we cant use

http://www.aviation.levil.com/ilevil2-sw.html

Wing X Pro 7 with iLevil is compatible with all features in US and southern Ontario and Quebec (they are part of the US sectionals). AHARS, ADS-B, GPS, and engine monitoring thru my multifunction Grand Rapids EIS system. The only gauges I have are Airspeed, ammeter and bubble turn indicator.