Murphy Yukon

Gary Spicer at Masonfield Gold Coast had one, maybe still has it but I don't know if he built it. He asked if I wanted to see his ultralight and then opened the hangar to reveal the Moose.

Gary Spicer at Masonfield Gold Coast had one, maybe still has it but I don't know if he built it. He asked if I wanted to see his ultralight and then opened the hangar to reveal the Moose.

Thanks Gary,

It's a pretty large aeroplane. I heard reference to ONE sometime ago. I can't recall where. Nev

Yes the Yukon is around the 182 size but you can fit them with the io390 which makes for a nice float platform.

I'm just wanting a bit of information about the building process and support program.

James

Yes it's like a Murphy Rebel on steroids.. I can't imagine why someone would wish to make one when there would be Cessna equivalents that perform well particularly with STOL kits, that you could refurbish with less work and money and have something of value. Nev

Ian, the aircraft Gary had was written off about a year or so back. Lost power on takeoff from Mason Field.

mike

That clubhouse looks familiar.

I did a conversion to fly my RV4 with Gary. Did it in a different RV7, with glass cockpit. It was a bit odd flying from the right seat, so the throttle was on my left as per the RV4 and the instruments way over out of my vision. Garys own RV7 was being repaired. The rudder pedal had broken and he ran off the runway whan landing.

Sorry to hear about the Moose.