What Happens now ???

Ron5335

With a DD election called, this brings about a full senate election.

What happens to all of the current Senate Committees ? given that the members on these committees may or may not get their jobs back.

Are they abandoned or do new committee members get appointed?

The reason I am curious is that (I saw on another site), a Senator asked McCormick (Taken on notice) to report back to the committee an update on where CASA was up to in the implementation of the Forsyth Report Recommendations.

How many points have been implemented and What is the timeline for the remainder to be implemented.

Now that is one answer I would hate seeing going to waste !!!!

• Agree 1

provided the committee continues to exist under the new senate the answer is still required to be given to the committee regardless of the asking member not being on the committee. the use the committee puts that answer to may be disapointing as the new committee may not have the base knowledge to use it effectively ...

but its actually an opportunity for orgs like raaus .... there will be new committee members looking for help to understand their areas ...

If the ALP wins, it is possible there would be an electoral advantage to them to bin the Forsyth Report as if it were fully implemented quickly, the then opposition could claim the qudos. Lets hope that level of cynicism is not demonstrated.