QATAR plane pictures.

Ok, for all you plane nuts......

I was in the Comm Bank the other day and I saw a QATAR air advert.

The plane was either taking off or landing. I didn't pay too much attention, but I looked at the wheels to try and get the make/model....

WTF!!??

What are all those wheels?

It was half 767 and half 777, but more!

So I scanned the picture, and it is an A350..... 350!!??

Ok, airbus have brought out a new model.

But if anyone is near one of said banks soon, try to get a peep at the advert. It is on the monitors and cycles around with other ads.

Look at the wheels.

Weird.

Hi FD,

All A350's (incl A350-900 and A350 XWB have 10 wheels - 4 each on main u/c, 2 on nose u/c. There is a photo (see below) of a Qatar A380 (like all A380's) which have 22 wheels. 2 x 6 wheel bogies below the fuselage, 2 x 4 wheel bogies below the wings, and 2 wheels on the nose.

165671151_qatarA380.jpg.9a7cf31e84fc63c665b5c50567dc93a5.jpg

A350 XWB

119057441_qataeA350.jpg.c2a079045c891ea466ea2daf4c640e36.jpg

Sorry, from the OP I thought the photo was of an aircraft in service. The Dash 1000 isn't due for customer delivery until 2017. A related article, with a photo of the first flight test aircraft rolled out before engine fit is at this link:

http://airwaysnews.com/blog/2016/04/15/the-first-airbus-a350-1000-completes-body-join/

Talking of large planes, I see that the Boeing 777X is touted as the largest passenger plane ever built, with a wingspan so large, it will have to fold its wingtips at some airports. The engines, GE9X's, are so large, Shaq O'Neil could stand in the intake with Kobe Bryant on his shoulders.The intake duct is 18ft by 12ft.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3546820/See-engine-massive-two-basketball-players-stand-inside-GE-reveals-world-s-biggest-jet-engine.html

The 777X will have a 71M wingspan , well short of the 80M of the current day A380 which doesn't have folding wings , also of interest the 777 has always had a folding wing option , but no airline has ever ordered the variant .

Dave