Pitot tube and light

Lyndon

Gday. Pitot tube. I can't find it my manual. Is it sf621. Part number. Also fitting of the hella light in its little shroud. Any pics or info on fitting both of these much appreciated.

Lyndon

Gday. Pitot tube. I can't find it my manual. Is it sf621. Part number. Also fitting of the hella light in its little shroud. Any pics or info on fitting both of these much appreciated.Lyndon

Hi Lyndon,

The pitot tube is a piece of 6mm aluminium tube L shaped, about 450mm long with one bend 90 degrees with about 75mm one end (dont ask me which end 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif)

Not to be confused with the fuel return tube which is similar size but has 2 bends. they are usually all taped together with the 10mm fuel tubes.

don't put it on permanently till final assembly at the airstrip or it will get bent for sure, actually most sav builders cut it short and then join it back up with a bit of 8 x 6 rilsan tube so it will flex when someone bashes it while not looking.

The light shroud is pretty simple, rivet the teardrop shape doublers on with 2 crush rivets each, then using the self tapper screws that come with the light attach to the shroud. You have to flex the shroud around the light a bit and hold your tongue in the right position to do this. Then position the assembly on the wing in the position shown in the manual, drill through the holes, cleco as you go, deburr and rivet.

cheers

Rick

Thanks Rick. It's seems very long and was expecting some fancy think to be in the end to catch wind. But I guess simple is good. I will wait till the wing is on the plane but will paint it with my tongue wing . Thanks Lyndon

14693496829491121282413.jpg.45de11a67ff6c914ec2049245ed3e83b.jpg

The light Mmm. I have a cover that attaches to the wing. A hella light with an adjuster that seems to go no where. The manual shows nothing from what I can see .

Lyndon

1469349951521-1222246812.jpg.1db46b9bfa6f53d95cafade111dbca0f.jpg

The light Mmm. I have a cover that attaches to the wing. A hella light with an adjuster that seems to go no where. The manual shows nothing from what I can see .Lyndon

Toss the adjuster it's not used.

there will be two small teardrop shaped bits of aluminium with three holes in each bit. They are doublers that reinforce the mounting holes that bulges out the front of the shroud. in the box that the light was in should be two he head self tapping screws. Put on screw in the mounting hole and with the light inside the shroud turn the screw into one of the mounting holes on the side of the light (use lubricant and reverse it often or you will break a screw). Then flex the shroud around the light body and place the other screw in.

Found. With no part number. Not in my parts book and the manual just shows a pic of the light and where to place it. I would never have even guessed where this goes. Thanks again

1469401687362176367873.jpg.350839d2d220dca397e17a553c6c5132.jpg