Front axle questions

Lyndon

Looks like I have two spacers but manual says use one. I'm presuming I have this set up correct. ???. If so once installed the nut only just bites a few threads ???. Any insight would great.

Lyndon

1470016529691514562175.jpg.3e0d8fff87d70c64a1839b2e7f000283.jpg

1470016572739848461510.jpg.7ad48c0ec629e474557199f093d5b995.jpg

There is no way the axle is long enough to fit the wheels. The races are seated properly on the rims. The out side washer which is the same diameter as the axle doesn't even fit. Just sits on the thread as the axle is just not long enough. Clearly I'm missing something. Lyndon

1470023974538-1647166119.jpg.34f795b18c50c2e1a0b4d4624afaf2b0.jpg

No the races don't seem seated in the rims. But as they were already fitted I can't see if there is a step there. I have tapped them and they don't want to move. If your talking about the bearing. Yes it's seated properly. Lyndon

The bearing is perfectly seated on the axle. That's one sure thing I can see. Will look at the rims. Seems odd as all three rims are the same. Maybe the same bloke knocked them all in not quite right. I take it the spacer is because you run of thread to preload the bearing. I have the opposite problem.

Lyndon

Ok I have a had a look. The races are not seated because it looks like a circlip is in the rim for the race to seat on. Removing this is the go I think to give me space .

Lyndon

Ok I have a circlip stopping each race from seating or to be precise this is what it seats on. Thus my bearings are 4.6 mm wider apart as each clip is 2.3 mm in width. I'm presuming this is why I'm running out of thread for the nut with the spacer and also the outside washer does not have enough purchase to be seated properly on the axle in lieu of the end with the thread which is smaller diameter. Wtf. I know they are golf cart wheels ??. Am I just unlucky getting this mistake or am missing something.

Lyndon

1470044826460964650091.jpg.e493578b9d27dfb3cbbbce839be00f61.jpg

I have been in touch with Reg. He tells me to cut 3 mm off the the spacers and leave the circlips in. I still don't understand what the spacers do. That are on the outside so they don't adjust the wheels position and surely the locking nut has a better seat on it than a thin spacer . Buggered if I know.

Lyndon