Recreational Flying - things to do

Admin

There is so much on my todo list that I thought I would post them here for you to know what is coming as my time permits and hopefully will keep you informed. Not in any specific order:

1. New menu system that brings out in clear view all the different services that this site offers you

2. Automated advertising system for site sponsors to use

3. Development of a new Whats Up Australia site for Off Topic discussions including different forums on a wide range of topics and integrated with th3 Recreational Flying user base

4. Airfields Mobile App that uses interaction between users to keep it updated with all the different airfields and private strips around Australia

5. Integration of the Clear Prop user base with the Recreational Flying user base

6. Move the Classifieds section into Clear Prop making Clear Prop a complete aviation classifieds system for the whole aviation industry including private and commercial listings

7. The development of an Aviation Expo section of Recreational Flying that looks and feels like a hall of aviation stands like a physical expo

8. Remove all the superfluous posts in old threads as the site has grown to over 1gig in database size and 4.5gig in site files that include uploads from very old posts

9. Rebuild the site from the ground up as it has become increasingly harder to do anything, even minor, because the site foundations were based on a smaller site

The above are all going to happen one way or another, it's just time and money.

2 things, if you feel that a priority should be placed on any of the above please let me know and if you have any other suggestions also let me know...this whole site and its services is for you and unless you tell me then I will never know

• Like 1

I think a priority would be revenue. We all understand that a wonderful site like this costs a lot to run. To keep this running, perhaps 1, 5 and 6 of the list should be attended to first?

There are a few people who have recognised the value of the Recreational Aviation site and are supporting this with First Class Membership (plug: if you have not yet considered a First Class membership for $50/year, why not do this today?).

• Agree 1

1. New menu system that brings out in clear view all the different services that this site offers you - Half way completed, in fact working on this right now as I type this...trying to figure out the best mobile phone view layout...should be ready for user acceptance testing in a few days

2. Automated advertising system for site sponsors to use - all ready to go and is a main component of the new Clear Prop Classifieds site, just needs some tweaking, may possibly need to look at Clear Prop Credit Card payment system instead of PayPal which would require some gateway development

3. Development of a new Whats Up Australia site for Off Topic discussions including different forums on a wide range of topics and integrated with the Recreational Flying user base - after the Clear Prop Classifieds Site

4. Airfields Mobile App that uses interaction between users to keep it updated with all the different airfields and private strips around Australia - needs a clear focus so when some of the other things are completed

5. Integration of the Clear Prop user base with the Recreational Flying user base - organised and being developed by 3rd party, should be testing in 2 weeks time

6. Move the Classifieds section into Clear Prop making Clear Prop a complete aviation classifieds system for the whole aviation industry including private and commercial listings - in current development but needs No 5 above first to be completed and feedback from current site users to design it properly

7. The development of an Aviation Expo section of Recreational Flying that looks and feels like a hall of aviation stands like a physical expo - yeah yeah yeah, one day because this is my dream

8. Remove all the superfluous posts in old threads as the site has grown to over 1gig in database size and 4.5gig in site files that include uploads from very old posts - MASSIVE job and very time consuming so as and when I get time

9. Rebuild the site from the ground up as it has become increasingly harder to do anything, even minor, because the site foundations were based on a smaller site - will wait till next major forum software update hopefully later this year