Dedicated Aviation Classifieds Site

Admin

As many of you may now know, Recreational Flying through its Clear Prop site is developing a dedicated Aviation Classifieds site. The site will be similar to Recreational Flying in that not only will it have an entire Aviation Classifieds component but it will also have:

• Forums - so you can discuss and keep updated on current, new and emerging technologies and products

• Photo and video library - you can use videos of your aircraft etc in your classified listing as well as pictures

• FREE Resources section - where you can download many different FREE resources like apps etc

• Pilot and Aircraft Supplies - the Clear Prop discount pilot and aircraft supplies store will be integrated into the site

• Banner Advertising - slots for graphic banner advertising that counts views and clicks can by added by any user (private advertiser or commercial advertiser) with a simple click and upload process and they can manage their banner advert themselves including animated images, multiple sliding banners in the one slot and you can see your statistics daily

• and much more...

AND IT IS FREE TO PLACE A CLASSIFIED ADVERTISEMENT TO SELL YOUR AIRCRAFT ETC FOR PRIVATE USERS...a true Members Market for Recreational Flying and spread across the entire aviation market spectrum, Recreational, PPL, Commercial etc. Plus, your Recreational Flying user registration crosses over to the new site so if you are logged in to one site you are logged in to both.

The biggest step is to integrate the Recreational Flying user base with Clear Prop Pilot and Aircraft Supplies to complete the whole integration. A 3rd party developer fluent in the shop software has been retained to develop this integration...their email back after analysis of our needs this morning was:

----------------------------

CS-Cart doesn't store passwords in DB. It stores hash and salt and just make check on the fly. So, not sure how it will work for already registered users (I think update their account once they first type the password in Xenforo or CS-Cart). Then we need to develop script that will handle the update request and register user in the Xenforo/CS-Cart using their base mechanism for it.

Development will cost ~ USD 640 and will take us up to 12 business days.

Please, let us know if conditions are acceptable for you.

------------------------------

They have been given the go ahead to complete the integration so that is planned to be implemented 2 weeks from now.

So, what I need is your input to help make this project a success in creating the biggest and best Aviation Classifieds resource for everyone in our industry.

Please let me know your thoughts on what you would like to see in this new site, its look and feel, its resources and functionality, its processes, its direction, its content etc etc etc.

Thanks for any help and comments you have.

Incidentally, I am looking for a resource who would like to be the site's resident product reviewer. They would need to write a review on many different products that I provide them with (to be returned though) including creating a video with their webcam on the product. Please let me know, thanks.

You may like to see its development site currently housed at www.aircraftpilots.net

• Like 1
  • Winner 1

This is great Ian. Many thanks for your time and money in developing the resource.

A suggestion..

Can/will there be a proformer for a including such things as:

TTIS

Engine times

BEW & MTOW

Registration

etc etc

These figs should be filled in before an advert can be posted.

Cheers

• Like 1